Other than big game hunting what is your go to small game hunting?

These little guys are just as challenging as any deer I’ve ever taken with a bow. This one was at 27 yards and didn’t know what hit him.

Attachments

• 73E62AFB-CEAD-4F38-AAB0-06EBF96EC6C2.jpeg
    73E62AFB-CEAD-4F38-AAB0-06EBF96EC6C2.jpeg
    494.6 KB · Views: 21
Training a Mountain Feist pup now for squirrels. Ice should be thick enough to go fishing tomorrow.

Nick992

Lil-Rokslider
Varmints that mess with the chickens, chicken food, and garden. Hunt might be a strong word for it, more like depredation

TxxAgg

WKR
Probably going to get a lot of laughs, but I absolutely love bow hunting squirrels. They are hard to hit, have to pick your shots ( all shots when they’re on the ground), have to actually hunt them ( no way to get a shot if you’re not in stealth mode). I only use field tips and older arrows so no harm if I hit a rock or tree root or something) I’ve found that successfully taking squirrels make deer hunting a chip shot. I killled 52 squirrels last year with arrows ( no cross bows). Not for everybody. When I go in the woods you’d think I was after a 200” whitetail.
I looove shooting squirrels with my bow. I usually do it around the yard though. I like the Ace Hex Heads.

When homebound during covid, I was 24 out of 27 for a good run.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I hunt big game for 8 months out of the year, so I don’t do alot of small game hunting. I fish in the afternoons during the summer months.

Hoyt Ag

FNG
We like to kill coyotes between seasons. Sittting on a ridge with a canned rifle plinking dogs is a blast.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Grouse, but it's tough to find the time. The good hunting seems to be at the same time as the good archery deer season here. It is a nice way to scout new areas.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
Ducks in Dec-Jan, turkeys April-May. And there are fish to catch almost year round.

OKhunt62

FNG
Dove hunting is always the kickoff to the hunting season. The social aspect always makes it enjoyable