Other than big game hunting what is your go to small game hunting?

highcj5

WKR
Rabbits here and if I have nothing to do, I might go shoot some crows. Wish we had upland birds here

FLATHEAD

WKR
Wish we still had the Bobwhite Quail down here in the South.
They were thick when I was a kid.
Cant remember the last time I saw one.

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
Usually ruffed grouse. I have started doing a lot more trapping after hunting season recently though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jump shooting ducks and canadian geese. I haven't seen a pheasant since the first hard winter after fwp quit planting them in the 70s.

I always used to like to hunt grouse but the clutches are so small I can't bring myself to kill the last one.

VernAK

WKR
Usually I would hunt our three specie osf grouse [ruffef,spruce,sharptail] but populations have been low. Sandhill cranes get a lot of my attention and the normal fall migration will produce 35-70 cranes for me.

Probably going to get a lot of laughs, but I absolutely love bow hunting squirrels. They are hard to hit, have to pick your shots ( all shots when they’re on the ground), have to actually hunt them ( no way to get a shot if you’re not in stealth mode). I only use field tips and older arrows so no harm if I hit a rock or tree root or something) I’ve found that successfully taking squirrels make deer hunting a chip shot. I killled 52 squirrels last year with arrows ( no cross bows). Not for everybody. When I go in the woods you’d think I was after a 200” whitetail.

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
I know that this may sound a little off the wall but over the last few years we have been over run by armadillos. I don't understand how they survive our winters where it's not unusual to have temperatures below zero but somehow they manage. February is typically a pretty boring month other than calling some coyotes but I have found that if we catch a day after its been cold and we get some daytime highs in the 50's with sun, those critters really come out of their dens to root around for food. It really makes for a fun afternoon stalking through the woods and field edges with a 22 rifle. The best thing is I can pretty much get permission to hunt them from about any landowner I ask.

Venandi

FNG
Just wondering what everyone else does for hunting when you’ve tagged out or big game season is over.
I’m starting to get into rabbit hunting to help extend my hunting season after deer season is over or I tag out early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Call to coyotes and try to shoot them. Cold nights with fresh snow and a full moon are the best