Other than big game hunting what is your go to small game hunting?

Just wondering what everyone else does for hunting when you’ve tagged out or big game season is over.
I’m starting to get into rabbit hunting to help extend my hunting season after deer season is over or I tag out early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austink47

WKR
Have gotten into upland birds since I moved to WA, usually manage to pick up a rabbit or two in the process.

I have small game license so I try to rabbit hunt. So far I have not gotten .22 up from port arms carry before they are GONE. Killed one grouse so far-with my walking stick.

OP
L
I enjoy duck hunting.

That would be something I believe I would enjoy. Probably not expensive to get into either. Just use your deer camo and Turkey gun with a different chock. Right?

Rich M

WKR
That would be something I believe I would enjoy. Probably not expensive to get into either. Just use your deer camo and Turkey gun with a different chock. Right?

Depends on the style of duck hunting.

Jump or pass shooting is cheap, just shells and maybe waders.

Small water decoy hunting will cost you a boat, maybe mud motor and couple hundred in decoys.

Big water and/or serious duck hunting is expensive.

Upland birds ar also fun. You go stomp around in thickets and get a bird or two every now and again.

Rabbits are fun to track in the snow. Harder to find when there is no snow. You can just go kick blow downs and brush piles.

Choupique

WKR
Duck, dove, squirrel and rabbits. Raccoons topped the list in previous years, but I don't have a dog anymore.

I small game hunt a lot

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
Cottontail rabbit and Snowshoe hare with beagles.

Nothing like hearing a pack of little hounds running a rabbit/hare

Tradchef

WKR
I winter fly fish out here and love upland birds but don’t do much anymore with lengthy big game seasons now. I do enjoy hunting rabbits and porcupines with the longbow and shooting coyotes in the winter