Osso Buco!

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
I believe that once you make and taste osso bucco there’s no going back. My friend and I tried it last year and it turned out to be so good that we both knew at that moment that we are gonna make it a lot in the future.

imw001

FNG
Looks really good! I love smoking and braising ... really hoping I can harvest this year so I can try my hand at Osso Buco.

Makes me wonder if a venison birria could work, but you'd need some fat ... maybe some beef marrow bones.

That's got to be the easiest osso bucco recipe I've ever seen. Wife's been making these a few times a year for a while but it's an all day shindig the way she does it. Does it really turn out that good dumped into a crockpot with canned ingredients? If so we're gonna have to give that a whirl.

Edit: We throw a lot of shanks into the pressure cooker for pot roast also, easy basic and quick and always turns out great.

For the osso bucco cuts my wife bought me a LEM meat saw, guess she didn't want me losing a finger with the sawzall lol. Jeeze I just saw the price looking for the link, I hope she got that on sale. https://www.lemproducts.com/product/electric-tabletop-meat-saw/meat-processing-saws

Last edited:

imw001

FNG
That's got to be the easiest osso bucco recipe I've ever seen. Wife's been making these a few times a year for a while but it's an all day shindig the way she does it. Does it really turn out that good dumped into a crockpot with canned ingredients? If so we're gonna have to give that a whirl.

Edit: We throw a lot of shanks into the pressure cooker for pot roast also, easy basic and quick and always turns out great.

For the osso bucco cuts my wife bought me a LEM meat saw, guess she didn't want me losing a finger with the sawzall lol. Jeeze I just saw the price looking for the link, I hope she got that on sale. https://www.lemproducts.com/product/electric-tabletop-meat-saw/meat-processing-saws
Lucky guy! Haha. That meat saw must make quick work of some processing tasks.

Lucky guy! Haha. That meat saw must make quick work of some processing tasks.
It's insane but huge PITA to clean. I had no idea it was that expensive, only used it once after 2021 season and skipped it last year but I'll be sure to use it more now. That first time I froze an Elk front quarter and cut bone-in cross section steaks out of it to experiment. They were weird, one side of the bone was nice and tender and the other side was chewy and leathery. I'm definitely gonna do different experiment next time lol. I did cut zillions of osso bucco shank chunks though, between us and the kids we had the Elk and I think 9 deer.
@ScreamingPotato

Give the Progresso Vegetable soup a try.

I also use that soup with added venison burger (browned) for a good winter hearty soup
Yeah buddy, just got back with some!

Attachments

• PXL_20230730_225308481.jpg
    PXL_20230730_225308481.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 7
cnelk, you rock brother, thanks for sharing this. While it's not a replacement for wife's osso bucco we all agreed it's good enough that we'll probably never do it the hard way again. This turned out great. I boiled up some noodles and put it over noodles.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Good to hear.
Progresso has some other tasty soups I also like to use for a different taste.

Give these a try sometime too

IMG_1242.jpeg

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
Hacksaw. Slice through meat first with a knife.

I split femurs after cutting knuckles off, roast under the broiler to make bone broth. Hacksaw's handy, so's a bench vise.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk