Oregon spring bear under attack

Flyjunky

WKR
Just like what happened in Washington, the anti’s are pushing to have spring bear season closed among other opportunities lost.

The commission meeting is on the 13th and we need our voices heard. If we just sit back we can kiss spring bear goodbye

Take action HERE

1725922798107.png

JeffP_Or

WKR
Bump up - OHA partnered with HOWL for WILDLIFE as well: TAKE ACTION

Doesn't matter which source is used or if you correspond directly to the ODFW commission - the key is do something! The updated public comments are littered with letters against the hunt.

1726066904896.png

Almost guaranteed if this doesn't work to their liking, we will next see it as a petition directly to the commission followed by an attempt to get it on the election ballot. Same as hound hunting and coyote contests.

Ron.C

WKR
fight is hard folks!

I live in Canada's California (British Columbia) and we lost our Griz Hunt a few years back because our provincial Govt used it as a trading chip to appease it's anti hunting supporters. Nil science involved, all political BS.

It's nearly impossible to reverse these types of decisions in today's climate. I still regret not doing more than I did and not getting involved in a higher capacity when I had the opportunity.

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
So, sound game management is now determined by popular request?

Okay. Then why not fire all the people employed in current "game management",
eliminate all tax/fee money being spent on wildlife studies, habitat studies, etc ?
Oh, and we can repeal the Pittman Robertson Act while we're at it.

Let's see how many employed in associated fields will "refrain from offering their
opinions publicly" as they like to do.

Not to mention, if "getting more involved" ( making more noise/joining more groups/contributing more $$ than the opposition) is one's answer, then it's obvious that management by public opinion is an acceptable method to you as long as your method prevails.

If that were my position I'd seriously rethink it.

Last edited: