Oregon Land Access

Kind of resurrecting an oldish thread here, but on the pay for access timberlands, do you find it keeps pressure off of the animals? I guess I’m really asking is it worth it to pay? I’ve seen some stuff with a quick google search that says they sell 300 permits/year on some 40-50,000 acre areas. 300 people seems like a lot!

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
My opinion no it isn’t worth it. Private timberland is managed for just that. That means there are a lot of roads to harvest timber and they keep all roads open to vehicles. Then you get every one of those people paid 300 bucks and they think they own the place. I actually find less hunting pressure on state land and land you can walk behind gates. If you want to road hunt animals that are road hunted year round with a bunch of other people you might like it

Sounds terrible. I'll pass. Road hunting isn't what I'm looking for, was thinking maybe the fee kept the crowd down, but sounds like it's pretty intense. Hoping to draw a SW OR spring tag......just not sure where to go if I do draw. I'm limited on time because I've got a 1 year old so I'll probably get about a 5 day hunt at most. We'll see in a week or so when the draw results come out if I'm planning a hunt at all.