OR Mule Deer Options for Non-Residents?

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
What are my tag options for Oregon for 2018 as a non-resident with no preference points for tags in OR? Are muley tags available OTC? I'd prefer to hunt closer to the central or eastern part of the state due to proximity to my work.

OP
W

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
Are there any units for rifle I would have a chance at with 0 points?

tttoadman

WKR
Do your research on the OTC western OR tags. These tags basically take you to the summit of the cascade range. There is plenty of opportunity for big bucks in high basins where you are not wading through the brush. Many of these areas have the crosses(bench legs). Put in for the mule deer tag you want, and hunt OTC when you don't get it.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Go hunt SE Oregon early season archery for mule deer and if you aren't successful head to western Oregon in November to hunt rutting blacktails on the same tag. Great deer hunts!

dave32g

FNG
i would look into minum if i were you. its steep and deep country.
but its 100% draw for non res, 40%success rate, 74% public land.
maybe not the best numbers but for a nonres with no point it might be your best option.

tttoadman

WKR
There is a reason the Minam unit is easy to draw. It is really steep and rugged country. Getting cliffed out is really easy over there. I would suggest a scouting trip before I put in for that tag.