Opinions Salomon Quest 4d Gtx?

brsnow

WKR
Yeah maybe you have great roadhunting where ur at or somethin,,, but any amount of real hiking and boots are toast in 1 year... period

Nope mostly all backcountry. I am in Colorado and have never road hunted, but we do have decent mountains here.

FLAK

WKR
Apparently a VERY NARROW boot. I ordered a Wide and could not get my foot in the boot.
As in no way, no how.

Block

WKR
Apparently a VERY NARROW boot. I ordered a Wide and could not get my foot in the boot.
As in no way, no how.

Iv bought 7 dif pairs of Salomon and there is ZERO consistency with the fit...width OR length.. 1 out of 3 of these quest 4D fit me (same size boot was a full size bigger in 1 case) so yeah I wear anything from an 11-12.5 in Salomon... bummer becuz I do like the boots overall..

I am surprised to read about the difference in sizing that some have reported. I have two pairs of the older Quest 3d, and a pair of the latest 4d model which I wear every day to work. They all fit true to size (11D), which is the same size I wear in everything else, except for the Crispi Hunter GTX, which I have in 11 EE to allow for wearing really thick wool socks while hunting. As others have stated, they are not waterproof, but they are very comfortable, and provide great support. I wait until they go on sale (Midway, etc) to get them at a reasonable price.

Swan

FNG
I’ve run these for the past 8 years (7 in CO high country, 1 in the OR “mountains”) and love them. Lots of reports of leaking but mine never have. While I have no interest in finding another pair of shoes, I’m starting to think that they’re a bit much for eastern OR archery elk. I’m looking at lighter, quieter options. But, if you have the terrain, they are solid.

Sadler

WKR
I’ve owned 4 pairs and used them for work and hunting. All very comfortable but they’re not very durable and they all leaked.

Marble

WKR
That’s interesting. I wonder if it has to do with there sizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got a pair in 14 and they were true to size.

Very comfortable, stiffer than my danners, not as stuff as my Lowa GTX Hunters.

No long hikes yet at all. For me, if a boot is comfy from the beginning then it's okay forever.