OnX Zoom After Using Compass Mode

BrentH

WKR
Was playing around with the new compass mode (which I don’t really like), but after I switched out of compass mode and tried to zoom (using two fingers), no matter where I put my fingers on the screen it just zoomed into the area that was at the bottom of my screen. It is like the zoom function gets stuck in compass mode until I close/reopen the app. I’m on an iPhone 12. Anyone else experiencing the same?

BBob

WKR
Must be a bug. After reading your description and trying it mine does exactly the same. iPhone 14 iOS 16.3.1

Jethro

WKR
Mine does it too. Iphone. It does reset to normal zoom after I close app and reopen.

I'm sure they will correct it, @onX Hunt.

I still haven't used new compass mode to have an opinion if I like it.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
That is definitely a bug that we are working on fixing as soon as possible. We also have received quite a bit of feedback on the new compass mode and we are making some changes to the interface to hopefully make it a little bit more intuitive and useful for everyone.

I’m having the same issue. Close out and re-open. It would be neat if OnX would allow you to switch between the old version and new version. I like both for different applications.

wapitibob

WKR
That is definitely a bug that we are working on fixing as soon as possible. We also have received quite a bit of feedback on the new compass mode and we are making some changes to the interface to hopefully make it a little bit more intuitive and useful for everyone.

It’s plenty intuitive, just a bad implementation. Didn’t use the new version for 60 seconds before the zoom crapped out. Clearly nobody looks at the product before sending it out.

Last edited:
OP
BrentH

BrentH

WKR
My compass mode has changed back to the old style.
I see mine is now too.

To expand on me not liking the new compass mode….I can see where it would be helpful to use the new tool for identifying waypoints at a given distance (marking a bush where you last saw an animal), but it would be cool if you could toggle between the old and new version.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Hey folks, we have decided to revert back to the old compass mode for the time being. We received feedback from users that the new mode was not useful to them so we have decided to pull it and make some changes to make it more user friendly. No ETA on when the improvements will be live, but we will let you know when the update is released.