OnX Basic Now Totally Useless

So my OnX premium just expired and I see that the basic version now has everything removed. Apparently this happened a few months ago. Can see previous waypoints but can't edit or add new ones. Can't even change the base map from what I can see. Guess profits have leveled out and they're trying to squeeze the last bit of money possible out of the app. I've always preferred OnX over other mapping apps but this seems messed up. Guess I'll be exporting everything to a new app. It's basemap or Gaia still what everyone else is using?

I'm confused. If you were happy with premium Onx why not renew it? Why dump it just because the free version doesn't offer what it used too?

woods89

WKR
Fwiw, OnX Elite has a discount program that is not trivial. I just mostly paid for this year's subscription with their discount on an Exo pack.
I find that all in all, $100 is not out of line for what they provide.

LFC911

WKR
I use GoHunt maps and i also like that the support CRWM and other hunter advocacy groups instead of just all about the profits. They often run promos where it's $100 cash for the gear shop, so the net cost is $50 for maps and draw odds.

OnX Elite is still worth it. Most people don't know that you can also receive exclusive discounts for brands with the elite membership

taskswap

WKR
This year I finally discontinued my OnX sub. (I've been on Elite for about 4 years.) I use Caltopo (free, or $20/yr for a few extra features, nationwide) for topo, route planning, and public/private layers. I use Locus Pro ($4.99 lifetime) for my route tracking, saving POI's, hike stats, and additional offline functionality.

I never really valued the "discounts" Elite includes, and the app was always glitchy. I'd always get these weird rendering errors like infinite-height "spikes" distorting the view in satellite mode.

It's a fine app for what it does and I would never poke fun at anyone that values it. But just like that extra reed or springing for the nicer cooler, all this stuff adds up. This year it just hit my "nah" point.

This year I finally discontinued my OnX sub. (I've been on Elite for about 4 years.) I use Caltopo (free, or $20/yr for a few extra features, nationwide) for topo, route planning, and public/private layers. I use Locus Pro ($4.99 lifetime) for my route tracking, saving POI's, hike stats, and additional offline functionality.

I never really valued the "discounts" Elite includes, and the app was always glitchy. I'd always get these weird rendering errors like infinite-height "spikes" distorting the view in satellite mode.

It's a fine app for what it does and I would never poke fun at anyone that values it. But just like that extra reed or springing for the nicer cooler, all this stuff adds up. This year it just hit my "nah" point.
Just downloaded Locus to play with it. I've got OnX but would like a free backup for the wife's phone to set waypoints for the truck or camp and such. Looks good so far. It'll do offline maps as well?