One Piece vs Two Piece Pic Rail?

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I'm changing my bolt action rifle over from talley bases to pic rail and rings and I like the look of the two piece pic rails better along with the better access to loading and unloading but I don't see many options for them. Is there something I'm missing? Is a one piece that much better?

Kurts86

WKR
The biggest advantage to a 1 piece rail is you can set a scope further to the rear based on the front ring placement than with a Talley or 2 piece rail. This really matters on long action rifles but less so with short action ones.

The downside to a full length rail is potential ejection issues and a slightly reduced area to top/single load the action. These potential downsides are action specific.

I'm changing my bolt action rifle over from talley bases to pic rail and rings and I like the look of the two piece pic rails better along with the better access to loading and unloading but I don't see many options for them. Is there something I'm missing? Is a one piece that much better?
I've never heard of a 2 piece before

One piece takes a lot of stress off of the optic from action flex during recoil. One piece also has less issues with rail misalignment and you can bed a one piece if the front or the rear has a gap which isn’t even possible with two piece. One piece are also typically available with a recoil lug that sits in the front of the ejection port that takes the stress off the screws when recoiling. You also have more ring placement options with a rail.

There’s no reason NOT to go with a one piece rail unless an ounce of material is really a deal breaker.

OP
I

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
One piece takes a lot of stress off of the optic from action flex during recoil. One piece also has less issues with rail misalignment and you can bed a one piece if the front or the rear has a gap which isn’t even possible with two piece. One piece are also typically available with a recoil lug that sits in the front of the ejection port that takes the stress off the screws when recoiling. You also have more ring placement options with a rail.

There’s no reason NOT to go with a one piece rail unless an ounce of material is really a deal breaker.
That all makes a lot of sense. Thank you. I'm not concerned with the weight. I just like the looks and the ease of loading better on a 2 piece, but I'm sure I can live with a 1 piece.