ONE OPTIC TO RULE THEM ALL

enoakes

FNG
AllOutdoor Review: SIG ZULU6 16x42mm Image Stabilized Binoculars

I have swaro's 15x56 SLC and maven's 9x45. I found myself grabbing these optics for all my glassing both on a tripod and off my chest. These sig zulu6 are 16x42 and have only one downside and that is early morning light transmission, but where it lacks it makes up with image stabilization. THIS IS A GAME-CHANGER. To be able to get 16 power stability without a tripod and in my opinion 32 power when on a tripod I was out glassing my guide this year with these lightweight optics. You will start seeing other optic companies adopt this technology. Wind and being out in the elements glassing are nothing now. I would sale my other two optics for this one any day. Bravo SIG!!!!

OP
enoakes

enoakes

FNG
I thought the same thing until I tried them. Trust me no one is paying me to say this.

jjjones7

FNG
I haven’t tried these but have spent a little time behind a friends old canon IS. Completely agree with OP I considered stabilization a game changer. Will be interested on getting my hands on a set of these.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We do sell a fair amount of the Sig SauerZulu6 16x42mm - Graphite and I will say that the stabilization feature is excellent. The optical quality is good. No it's not the best optic out there nor does it represent itself to be, however, at the year end sale price of $679.99 I really do not think you'd be disappointed in your purchase. You can use it for a season and if you're not thrilled you can pretty much sell it for what you're paying. We've sold through a couple of shipments so far since this sale started and we have another delivery on the way in.

OP
enoakes

enoakes

FNG
We do sell a fair amount of the Sig SauerZulu6 16x42mm - Graphite and I will say that the stabilization feature is excellent. The optical quality is good. No it's not the best optic out there nor does it represent itself to be, however, at the year end sale price of $679.99 I really do not think you'd be disappointed in your purchase. You can use it for a season and if you're not thrilled you can pretty much sell it for what you're paying. We've sold through a couple of shipments so far since this sale started and we have another delivery on the way in.
Even if the glass is middle of the pack by stabilizing your optics digitally I was able to glass up far more animals than with my other high-end optics. Yes, you lose 10 mins both morning and night, but what you get on the back side, in my opinion, is far better. If you can't spot them due to your optics shaking or because you have too much magnification you won't find as many animals. Slap these bad boys on a tripod with the stabilization imaging for me it's a game changer. I've spotted more big animals this year with these optics than I have with my swaro's, and I love my swaro's. Born and Raised crew are running these binos and call them a game changer as well. That's what piqued my interest in these binos.

JK88

FNG
AllOutdoor Review: SIG ZULU6 16x42mm Image Stabilized Binoculars

I have swaro's 15x56 SLC and maven's 9x45. I found myself grabbing these optics for all my glassing both on a tripod and off my chest. These sig zulu6 are 16x42 and have only one downside and that is early morning light transmission, but where it lacks it makes up with image stabilization. THIS IS A GAME-CHANGER. To be able to get 16 power stability without a tripod and in my opinion 32 power when on a tripod I was out glassing my guide this year with these lightweight optics. You will start seeing other optic companies adopt this technology. Wind and being out in the elements glassing are nothing now. I would sale my other two optics for this one any day. Bravo SIG!!!!
Dang just seen this article after asking about them!

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
If you need image stabilization on a tripod, you’re doing something wrong.
I’ve look thru my buddies, pretty cool technology but can’t stand the glass. I couldn’t grab my swaros fast enough

I'm still on the fence with mine, the glass just does not seem to compare to my Zeiss.

Jbow387

FNG
I bought these off a recommendation from someone who swears by his swaros. Glass quality is not bad by any stretch and what it does lack in quality it makes up for with the stabilization. Thought it was gimmicky till I looked through them myself. Very happy with the purchase.

WRO

WKR
I played with a set my client brought this year.

They're alright, definitely a neat concept, but the FOV is small and the glass is decent. I'll personally keep running my 12 off a tripod. I think he ended up going back to his SLC's because they gave him a headache.

I got to try a buddy's pair of zulu6 in 16x on a recent antelope hunt. The image stabilization is pretty cool, but the field of view was small, and the glass was poor quality. I could spot antelope and judge horn length much better with my Meostar 10x42s (hand-held, no tripod) than with the Sigs. The image stabilization and extra magnification just weren't enough to overcome the inferior glass. This was during the first half-hour of shooting light. Perhaps the results would be different in better light conditions.

Deadfall

WKR
eh... take your word for it. Never had a under 1000 dollar glass that did not give me a headache. or burn the crap out of my eyes. or both.

Bear in mind, the new ones (HDX) have different optics (ED corrected). I just picked a pair of 16x42s up and pointed them at the moon. I can confirm that they are free of chromatic aberrations. Maybe not Alpha glass, but head and shoulders above the low/mid-range Vortex optics I’ve been running.

w.travis

FNG
Bear in mind, the new ones (HDX) have different optics (ED corrected). I just picked a pair of 16x42s up and pointed them at the moon. I can confirm that they are free of chromatic aberrations. Maybe not Alpha glass, but head and shoulders above the low/mid-range Vortex optics I’ve been running.
Maybe free of CA looking at the moon, but... I also have the HDX and I can confirm they are not free of CA in daytime use under certain lighting conditions. Better control in center of image, but imo poor control outside of center, at least in my sample.