One Copper Bullet One Kill…

bmart2622

WKR
Youre still missing the point!!! Nobody on here has said that a copper bullet wont kill, but to say that they aren't balistically inferior to a cup and core is a ridiculous statement!! They have inferior BCs, higher expansion thresholds, and make smaller wound channels, those are facts and arguing otherwise is not worthy of a discussion

and limit distance/velocity for a shooter. That’s why people say “inferior ballistics.”
Do they really though?

I shot my bull at 415 yards last year. It was the longest shot I’ve taken in 20 years.

I’d be hard pressed to remember many times I spotted an animal at a long distance and couldn’t get within 300ish yards for a shot. In fact, the majority have been 200 and in, even in open country.

So, is it really limiting for folks? If I want to shoot 800, yes. If I’m content with 600 and in think your statement carries a lot less validity.

bmart2622

WKR
But if you want to and are capable of shooting further than 600yds his statement is completely valid and accurate

bmart2622

WKR
I guess Im not sure why you have been arguing with me for pages then?!? In your last post you literally questioned whether they limit a shooter!!!

waspocrew

WKR
If I was forced to use non-lead projectiles then sure, I'd be using hammer or barnes for hunting. I've used them and they've all killed everything I've hit, so I can't say they are inferior at all. They are just way too expensive for me to load exclusively.

I will say this though: the hammers have been very forgiving and super easy to load. Seems they are not jump sensitive at all.

atmat

WKR
Do they really though?

I shot my bull at 415 yards last year. It was the longest shot I’ve taken in 20 years.

I’d be hard pressed to remember many times I spotted an animal at a long distance and couldn’t get within 300ish yards for a shot. In fact, the majority have been 200 and in, even in open country.

So, is it really limiting for folks? If I want to shoot 800, yes. If I’m content with 600 and in think your statement carries a lot less validity.
I don’t shoot animals much over 400 yards, either. I’ve used copper plenty.

Again, I never said copper doesn’t work. It’s just inferior to lead performance, which is objectively true.

Is the performance still adequate? Depends what you need it for. Personally I suck at shooting long range lol