Once again a “Influencer” is caught poaching on several hunts (Alpinecarnivore)

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
If people didn’t feed the machine there would be less poaching. I’m not surprised when I often read about influencers breaking the law for clicks and money.

It's rare to have fines/restituition match up with what goes into an investigation. Fortunately that's not how we're funded. I don't think a model where law enforcement agency is funded by how many fines are collected would be very popular.

"fish game agencies" don't hand down penalties- that's the job of the judicial branch of government.

Sometimes the fines are set in statute, in that case blame the legislation and work to get it changed,

Nice to see another poacher caught. I can tell you with certainty that there is plenty of job security being a game warden- sadly.

It’s really frustrating how many people still think it’s the F&G that has a say in the punishment.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
86dad391f7fbab79de66dba62bf45fda.jpg

Doesn’t look like money is a issue. He will be back at the poaching in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a big issue is most have short memories and new "followers" on social media will never know. There should be a mandate for a certain period of time before every YouTube video, in every instagram bio, there is a POACHER disclosure. Threaten to take away the one thing they care about, the "fame", and they might think twice.

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
It just keeps getting better…

“B.C. court records show the couple are still facing several other illegal hunting charges.

The Beaulieus are charged with a combined three counts of failing to comply with the terms of a permit in relation to a January 2022 incident in Kelowna. Michel Beaulieu is accused of hunting or carrying a firearm without a licence in Beaverdell, B.C., in April 2022.

The host was also accused of three counts of unlawfully possessing an imported plant or animal in a February 2022 incident in Kelowna, but those charges were stayed on Jan. 8.”

From this article