Once again a “Influencer” is caught poaching on several hunts (Alpinecarnivore)

Elite

WKR

Pretty crazy what some of these guys do to get there views up on YouTube and social media. Also only got a year suspension and small fines…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerry35

WKR
Going to have to leave a few comments on their YouTube channel. Unbelievable what some of these guys will do for clicks.
Just did so we'll see how long they stay up.

You would think that after such blatant poaching (sounds like at least 6 different incidents) they would never show their face on social media again. Then again poachers don't have any sense of shame either so it's not surprising.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Except their name is worthless and their reputation is shot.

That’s what one would expect but the amount of people defending him and saying mistakes happen is unreal

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Just did so we'll see how long they stay up.

You would think that after such blatant poaching (sounds like at least 6 different incidents) they would never show their face on social media again. Then again poachers don't have any sense of shame either so it's not surprising.

He released a big apology video this morning on instagram. Saying how he needs to read the regs more often

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
I (before today) followed this guy on YouTube and Instagram. Never got the vibe that he was a pompous douche like Bowmar, Muley Freak, type of poaching/trespassing outdoor personality. But turns out he is just another "hunting influencer" that will do whatever it takes for clicks and the related revenue. Good thing is he isn't in ties with sponsors of this forum so this thread won't be locked when folks talk bad about him.
Not going to lie I did like to watch his shows but I am glad he was caught and the truth exposed. I am not happy the antis now have yet another "hunter" that to their eyes makes their point that we all are bloodthirsty poachers with little regard for wildlife.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
I (before today) followed this guy on YouTube and Instagram. Never got the vibe that he was a pompous douche like Bowmar, Muley Freak, type of poaching/trespassing outdoor personality. But turns out he is just another "hunting influencer" that will do whatever it takes for clicks and the related revenue. Good thing is he isn't in ties with sponsors of this forum so this thread won't be locked when folks talk bad about him.
Not going to lie I did like to watch his shows but I am glad he was caught and the truth exposed. I am not happy the antis now have yet another "hunter" that to their eyes makes their point that we all are bloodthirsty poachers with little regard for wildlife.

I agree the content was good but being a avid sheep hunter in Alberta something was fishy with that ram from the start. I also spoke with him at a hunting expo and he bragged about having dual residency in BC and AB which is illegal for hunting purposes

gerry35

WKR

Wild TV In Canada coming out with a strong statement has taken down all their videos from their channel. Glad to see them doing the right thing quickly. Their statement quoted below.

"Today, along with the rest of the Canadian hunting community, we were deeply disturbed and disappointed to learn of the illegal actions of the Alpine Carnivore Group that go against the ethics that Wild TV stands behind. We do not condone or support any hunting practices that break the law or go against our values, therefore all of Alpine Carnivore’s content has been removed from our programming, across all of our platforms. We are, and always will be, hunters first and entertainment providers second, and we stand with our fellow outdoorsmen and women in their disdain for poaching."

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
I was also disappointed to see this. I previously enjoyed their videos as they were somewhat local to me, but I have no respect for blatant poaching like this and will no longer watch any of their content. Although their charges in BC are being written about, they were also charged in Alberta and received heftier fines ($25k). The BC conservation officers went public with their identities though, the Alberta COs didn’t name them.

IMG_3164.png

IMG_3166.png

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
I agree the content was good but being a avid sheep hunter in Alberta something was fishy with that ram from the start. I also spoke with him at a hunting expo and he bragged about having dual residency in BC and AB which is illegal for hunting purposes

Interesting perspective that I did not have. I almost felt bad for the guy due to my (incorrect) perception of him. Hearing stories like this makes his 'apology' online look more and more like a page right out of the Muley Freak playbook on how to attempt to keep followers after the truth surfaces.

Interesting perspective that I did not have. I almost felt bad for the guy due to my (incorrect) perception of him. Hearing stories like this makes his 'apology' online look more and more like a page right out of the Muley Freak playbook on how to attempt to keep followers after the truth surfaces.
Just damage control, deflect and make excuses.