Omg! Lol

Buster

WKR
There are actually wilderness areas that you can't just "drop trou" without risking a fine?

Beastmode

WKR
There are actually wilderness areas that you can't just "drop trou" without risking a fine?

Gotta love California! All it takes is a few dumbasses to ruin it for everyone. I have been at trailheads where you literally had to watch your step! Absolutely disgusting. People have no respect for our land!

2rocky

WKR
Wanna Climb Mt. Whitney....Yep...pack it out...

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5333235.pdf

Pack Out Your Human Waste
Why can’t I just bury my poop, like in other wilderness
areas? First, consider there are over 20,000 people on
the mountain each year. Then consider that much of the
area is solid bedrock. There is simply not enough soil
to decompose the human waste from this many hikers.
And with limited soils to filter waste, there is the poten
-
tial to harm water quality. Remember, you need to drink
the water too.
On Mt. Whitney, pack-out kits are the only acceptable
method for the disposal of human waste, year-round.
Please do not bury your waste in the snow. Once the
snow melts, your waste is an unhealthy and unsightly
affront to everyone’s wilderness experience.
Where to get pack-out kits
InterAgency Visitor Center in Lone Pine (cost of the kit
is paid through permit reservation fees).
How to use a pack-out kit
Find a secluded location.
Spread the large inner bag on the ground. Don’t spill the
powder!
Crouch over the bag and relieve yourself. Dispose of toilet
paper in the bag.
Tie a know in the inner bag. Then zip lock it inside the outer
bag.
Fight Odors
: Add a cup of water or urinate in the inner
bag. The powder inside absorbs liquid to create an
odor-fighting gel.
Urine
: Urinate on bare ground or rocks (not plants), and
stay at least 100 feet from water or campsites. It is okay
to urinate inside the pack-out kits.
Animals
: Store only human waste and tissue in your
pack-out kit. Trash or food scraps will attract animals.
Storage
: Store used kits outside your tent or in your
pack. Do not store kits in bear canisters.
Hygiene
: Wash your hands after using pack-out kits and
before eating or preparing food.
Disposal
: Dispose of used kits only at the receptacle at
the trailhead, next to the trailhead toilet.

Last edited:

Browtine

WKR
After a week of MH, I'd need the Big Bertha and a couple pairs of the Turd Wranglers!!!

Ray

WKR
Gotta love California! All it takes is a few dumbasses to ruin it for everyone. I have been at trailheads where you literally had to watch your step! Absolutely disgusting. People have no respect for our land!

Welcome to any wide spot along the Denali Highway - any road up here actually - right through the middle of Unit 13 in AK.

As a kid in NV and OR we never left home without a shovel. Over 30 years up here in AK and the one thing I have learned is no Alaskan knows how to use a shovel or maybe even owns one. They don't even know how to pick up a rock or large clump of moss and replace it. Every time I go camping/hunting up there I have to spend a half hour cleaning up the camp site before I let my dog out of the truck so that she does not walk in the poo. My dog also appears to be smarter than the average AK hunter/camper. She goes 10 to 30 yards off into the brush to do her business rather than drop a deuce right next to a fire pit or trail.

Buster

WKR
Ray,

I definitely agree that it's common courtesy to get off the trail, or away from a campsite, and bury or hide it afterwards. It just blows my mind to think that it has to get packed out. Us Canadians are pretty lucky (and at the same time sheltered to some realities), as our entire country has less people than the state of California.

Beastmode

WKR
I dont bring a shovel unless truck camping. But I will atleast get a big stick and dig a hole. Just takes a little courtesy and common sense.

boom

WKR
i am NOT clicking on the video tutorial..you cant make me:)

man..ever climb half-dome? you cant flip over a rock near the top without finding poo...it is gross..some places there are more folks than trees..add in a high fiber, granola diet..recipe for disaster..they dont address it over in the kumbayah handbook.

OP
Where's Bruce?
2oz.

31l30CEvY2L._AA160_.jpg

boom

WKR
I hunt...I don't follow people up poop-laden rocks devoid of game. "Because it's there" just isn't a good enough reason.

hahah...that poop tube is probably for the "others"..

for the record..i wouldnt carry that tiny shovel on a hunt either.

OP
Where's Bruce?
hahah...that poop tube is probably for the "others"..

for the record..i wouldnt carry that tiny shovel on a hunt either.

You can laugh but that stupid little trowel has been very useful on a number of occasions...digging Dakota (cooking) fire pits and burying em again, clearing natural ground blinds, getting bait for alpine fishing to supplement the MH diet, All kinds of things.

boom

WKR
You can laugh but that stupid little trowel has been very useful on a number of occasions...digging Dakota (cooking) fire pits and burying em again, clearing natural ground blinds, getting bait for alpine fishing to supplement the MH diet, All kinds of things.

i wasnt laughing at your shovel..i was laughing at your comment about the non hunters on the cable.

OP
Where's Bruce?
i wasnt laughing at your shovel..i was laughing at your comment about the non hunters on the cable.

Oh...my bad. Yeah, had plenty of hikers and even armed illegals pass by me within yards and never knew I was there.