OFFICIAL Peterson Cartridge Customer Support Thread

I may have missed it, but what new cartridges do you actually have plans to make brass for?

At this point, it doesn’t really appear to be that much, which is definitely a let down. 223 would be awesome, 7 SAUM would also be a great seller.

I've seen multiple people calling for 7 SAUM. Far as I can tell ADG 7 SAUM has been on the shelf and available for a while now. I think they only make it for a week or 2 a year and yet it's not sold out. That doesn't tell me that there is pent up unmet demand that Peterson is missing out on..

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen multiple people calling for 7 SAUM. Far as I can tell ADG 7 SAUM has been on the shelf and available for a while now. I think they only make it for a week or 2 a year and yet it's not sold out. That doesn't tell me that there is pent up unmet demand that Peterson is missing out on..

ADG must have ramped up production on the 7 SAUM on the recent run(s). I’ve been surprised to see it in stock as well. Prior to this, you couldn’t keep it in stock and many were willing to pay crazy prices for just 100 pieces of brass.

I do believe it would sell consistently, it obviously wouldn’t be flying off the shelves as it did in the past though (again likely because ADG listened and kicked out a ton more production).

I use Peterson brass for my 22 Creed, 6 Creed, 6.5 Sherman (270 win), and now 6.5 PRC. It’s great brass. I’m merely echoing others and saying I’d buy Peterson 7 SAUM brass over others if it was available.

OP
Peterson Cartridge Co
ADG must have ramped up production on the 7 SAUM on the recent run(s). I’ve been surprised to see it in stock as well. Prior to this, you couldn’t keep it in stock and many were willing to pay crazy prices for just 100 pieces of brass.

I do believe it would sell consistently, it obviously wouldn’t be flying off the shelves as it did in the past though (again likely because ADG listened and kicked out a ton more production).

I use Peterson brass for my 22 Creed, 6 Creed, 6.5 Sherman (270 win), and now 6.5 PRC. It’s great brass. I’m merely echoing others and saying I’d buy Peterson 7 SAUM brass over others if it was available.
Thank you for shooting Peterson in the chamberings we offer for you!

wyosam

WKR
Apparently Peterson Cartridge Company has no interest in any market other than the guys shooting the latest fad chambers at a thousand yards.
For the rest of us,
" unfortunately, we have no plans", so go piss up a rope.
I'll look to Hornady, Starline, Lapua and others. Peterson can kiss my as s.

Sounds like somebody should start their own family run brass business. Is Lapua making the cartridges you want? That’s a great option if they are. There are lots of older chambering I’d love to build, just because I like to tinker. However if I can’t easily source enough brass (either properly head stamped or something I can make it from) to last the life of the barrel, I’ll build something else.) if you have an older oddball, quality cartridge is a good place to look. There are certainly plenty of offerings from Peterson that aren’t the “latest fad chambers”. The tooling required to make a specific case is an enormous expense. They are a business, and have to make smart decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Peterson Cartridge Co
Sounds like somebody should start their own family run brass business. Is Lapua making the cartridges you want? That’s a great option if they are. There are lots of older chambering I’d love to build, just because I like to tinker. However if I can’t easily source enough brass (either properly head stamped or something I can make it from) to last the life of the barrel, I’ll build something else.) if you have an older oddball, quality cartridge is a good place to look. There are certainly plenty of offerings from Peterson that aren’t the “latest fad chambers”. The tooling required to make a specific case is an enormous expense. They are a business, and have to make smart decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quality Cartridge, located in Hollywood, Maryland, is a great place to check for hard to find & wildcat casings. Pete Cardona is likely who you'll talk with there! Give him a ring! 301-373-3719

chindits

WKR
What is your recommended cleaning method for primer pockets. Some of my 6.5cm brass is on there 17th reload and 4 out of 12 pockets are getting really loose. Also at what point would you recommend just throwing away that brass. I currently use a wire primer pocket brush in a drill.