NY CCW law held to be unconstitutional

ODB

WKR
Social media right now (always) is hilarious (depressing). Apparently nobody read the ruling or even a synopsis of the ruling. According to Twitter, any crazy old fool can now go and buy a gun on the internet and ship it to their house and carry it concealed and be within the law.

I knew a girl in California who literally wept over the failure of “universal” background checks. She said that now there will be NO background checks at all and rhat minors will be able to buy machine guns.

She’s a great gal, but she was completely and totally ignorant of the facts.

WRM

WKR
I knew a girl in California who literally wept over the failure of “universal” background checks. She said that now there will be NO background checks at all and rhat minors will be able to buy machine guns.

Well, you said she was from Cali

Reactions: ODB

WRM

WKR
You don't understand why someone who feels they lack autonomy for their body and are subject to forced pregnancy would not feel empathy for someone else's civil or constitutional rights? It's a tough sell for any maligned group to champion the cause of justice when they are faced with injustice.

Actually, if you read what I said, I'm talking about the ones who still can get an abortion. Hard for me to see how they can end a "life" yet I'm not supposed to be able to carry a gun.

Further the 2nd is about as "carved in stone" as you can get. The "right" to an abortion was carved from whole cloth. I'm all for individual rights and being left alone, but it is, in the end, really a state issue. Don't like how your particular state treats the issue? MOVE! Or, get a constitutional amendment passed.

WRM

WKR
Funny thing is she’s now in Florida. Her husband (a literal rocket scientist) got moved for work.

She loves Florida ;-)

Well, I live in Florida too--all my life. Hope she changed her views when she arrived. But, I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it's a defense if you're a local and you punch an out of state libtard who starts a sentence with: "That's not how we do it in (state X)".

ODB

WKR
Well, I live in Florida too--all my life. Hope she changed her views when she arrived. But, I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it's a defense if you're a local and you punch an out of state libtard who starts a sentence with: "That's not how we do it in (state X)".

She has. Big time. She used to say she’d never leave Long Beach, they sold their house there last year.

I know very well the “well in xxx, we …” comments. Idaho is getting its share of people from the xxx states…

Reactions: WRM

WRM

WKR
She has. Big time. She used to say she’d never leave Long Beach, they sold their house there last year.

I know very well the “well in xxx, we …” comments. Idaho is getting its share of people from the xxx states…

Has she managed to avoid all the machine gun toting utes?

• Haha
Reactions: ODB

GSPHUNTER

WKR
from what I'm reading on various news feeds, all the snowflakes are running for the shelter of mommies safe room.

That's what the left does.......SCOTUS rules, then they just ignore their ruling and proceed to violate citizen's rights. But if there's no one to "actually" stop them, what good is the SCOTUS or their rulings? What we need is "we the people" to wake up and stop voting these traitors into office in the first place.

You ignore what left legislators, judges, and LE do or say contrary to the ruling when violating citizens rights...

WRM

WKR

Hochul's already on the move. I didn't realize the NY law was over 100 years old! So 100 years of breaking the law and infringing rights by NY. I'd expect reparations if I lived in that sh!#hole!

Good luck to her! They better hire some real constitutional scholars if they want to have a chance to "get it right".

Here's how that works. It's now unconstitutional. NY response: We don't care. We will put you in jail and you can use that as your defense in court. This is exactly what they do if you are caught transporting a handgun through NYC even though the Federal government says it's legal. It's the same with Marijuana, and sanctuary cities for illegals. It pretty much means nothing. Great job Supreme Court.

Time for a plethora of devastating civil suits in response to assholes arresting people under unenforceable laws...by definition.

amassi

WKR
The Supreme Court today also diminished your protections under the 5th ammendment removing your recourse if police fail to merandize you.
Yesterday they ruled religious schools shall receive federal funding.
Talk about a diverse week of rulings.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm reminded of when Kansas went to constitutional carry a while back. The rhetoric was lovely. "It's going to be the wild west again!" "Blood in the streets." Stuff like that. It came and went and nothing changed and everyone has forgotten about it.

amassi

WKR
Time for a plethora of devastating civil suits in response to assholes arresting people under unenforceable laws...by definition.
The Supreme Court today weakened your ability to lodge a civil suit when your rights are denied when police fail to mirandize.
Not sure they're looking to weaken the enforcement arm of their scheme

BBob

WKR
I'm reminded of when Kansas went to constitutional carry a while back. The rhetoric was lovely. "It's going to be the wild west again!" "Blood in the streets." Stuff like that. It came and went and nothing changed and everyone has forgotten about it.
I said it before here or another thread. The same thing was said in AZ around 2010 when we went to constitutional carry, nothing changed.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

I’ve gotten to the point where I can no longer realize that people believe stuff like that and then go on to say they are a “great” person. If they were a great person, they wouldn’t be batshit crazy.

At this point, I don’t know a single liberal that I would consider to be a “good” person.

amassi

WKR
Could not care less about that. I have never been a fan of using a bullshit loophole to avoid prosecution.
Then you sir are not a fan of the rights bestowed upon you that protect you from government over reach. The 5th amendment isn't some bullshit loophole, being advised of your rights isn't a loophole
Can't protect the 2nd and shit on the 5th