Nxs vs Credo

NMRN

FNG
Hey All,

New member here. Have an old 30-06 getting rebarreled to 338-06. Looking at scopes now. Was pretty sure I was going with NF nxs 2.5-10, but was just looking at the credo 2.5-15. Not a lot of info in the forums about this scope. Anyone have any insight?

I have both. The NXS is a great scope with proven reliability. But there are a few things that I prefer on the Credo HX. Specifically... the eye relief, zoom range, parallax adjustment, tube mounting length (especially on a long action with traditional rings), and capped windage. The glass is also a little better on the Credo HX... to my eye. Individually the differences are minor, but collectively start to add up.

The NXS has a slightly wider field of view at the same power setting when compared side by side. It is a couple ounces lighter and has an excellent reputation for durability. I hunted with the NXS all last year and had no issues.

I recently swapped out the NXS for the Credo HX on the same rifle and really like it. So much that I bought a second one.

If the Credo HX proves to be reliable over time I will stick with it. Keep in mind that my experience with both scopes is limited, but those are my opinions in a direct comparison.

OP
N

NMRN

FNG
Thanks for the info. I’m just trying to get into a reliable scope to dial that isn’t $2k. I have an swfa but I’m having trouble getting used to ffp.

Michigander1479

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info. I’m just trying to get into a reliable scope to dial that isn’t $2k. I have an swfa but I’m having trouble getting used to ffp.
I actually just bought a 338-06 that will be here this week and I’m going with the credo. I should have an opinion for you come next week!