What rifle?

• 7 PRC

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • 6.5 Creedmoor

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 6mm Creedmoor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have three very reliable and accurate rifles I am considering for my upcoming elk hunt. I have been on several elk hunts but so far I am just a pack mule and have not had the opportunity to punch my own tag. I have only seen one elk take a hit and it took two. I am headed out on an Idaho elk hunt next month and I really do not think I would shoot over 500 in perfect conditions. My hunting experience is very limited and I have only taken 4 small Alaska bucks all under 100 yards. I do a reasonable amount of shooting but my big game experience is ZERO! My intention has always been to take the 7 PRC but with all the discussions here I am conflicted. Thoughts?

1. Seekins Element in 7PRC suppressed. For this rifle I am running Berger 180 VLD-H and it shoots them extremely well. I took it to a long range class and verified everything out to 1000 and won the little milk jug challenge at the end of the weekend. I can generally stay in the glass when I have good form but that is not always possible.

2. Fierce 6.5 creedmoor. This rifle loves 143 ELD-X. I took this rifle to a different long range school and I am very confident with it as well. Staying in the glass is pretty easy.

3. Seekins PH-2 NRL-H in 6 Creedmoor. This one likes Berger 105 VLD-H and is a legit tack driver. I still do not think I would take shot over 500. This one got me to second overall in a hunter competition. Staying in the glass is almost a give unless is some strange contorted position.