Nosler Model 21

Ucsdryder

WKR
Fieldcraft have become a joke, small percentage of these rifles even get hunted. Most are new in box. I pity the poor rifle.
Seems like they could sell the technology and patent to someone else, make some money and the FC could be reborn. Just don’t sell it to remington.

Oakleys

FNG
I’ll give it a fair assessment when I get it. I tried to resolve the bolt handle issue but couldn’t get an answer. So if I decide to keep it, it’s going to get machined off and get a new handle.

Oakleys

FNG
What’s the street price on a cooper? I have a feeling it’s another grand.

hodgeman

WKR
Seems like they could sell the technology and patent to someone else, make some money and the FC could be reborn. Just don’t sell it to remington.
The Barrett Fieldcraft is the third or fourth attempt by Melvin Forbes to mass market his rifle, and the only one that actually worked...well unless you count the Barrett people actually being able to make money at making them.

Boonie327

FNG
The Barrett Fieldcraft is the third or fourth attempt by Melvin Forbes to mass market his rifle, and the only one that actually worked...well unless you count the Barrett people actually being able to make money at making them.
Melvin wasn’t directly involved in the Fieldcraft. They essentially bought the rights to his designs via Forbes Rifle.

Glad people got refunded. This thread gave me a headache. Hate to hear people having issues but it happens. My 28 nosler model 21 will absolutely drive tacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We all wanted to be nosler fans and customers. It was the way we were treated by them that was the problem. All of us would have been fine with a different caliber but they pissed everyone off to the point that we didn’t want to associate with them anymore.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
I said that I’d share a picture of my Model 21 replacement, so here it is. I just picked it up yesterday. I’ll give a range report when I get a chance to work with it.

Attachments

• 6C36B091-375F-4E0F-93E4-522197F86C67.jpeg
    6C36B091-375F-4E0F-93E4-522197F86C67.jpeg
    734.4 KB · Views: 69
  • AA1CEB3F-177C-4065-85DF-F41FAC27D12D.jpeg
    AA1CEB3F-177C-4065-85DF-F41FAC27D12D.jpeg
    518.5 KB · Views: 67

mhall3268

FNG
I got my M21 6.5 PRC back from Nosler today, everything is working properly. When I sent it in for the feeding issues in early March they told me they were still developing a fix for the issue and they were working with Kevin Wyatt on it. A couple weeks later they told me they were waiting for parts for a retrofit. Another week later they informed me that the parts were in and my gun would be repaired and in the mail in 3-4 days.
They installed a different magazine box and a much weaker follower spring.
I cycled the ammo 10 times this evening with no issues.
I must say that my experience with Nosler was much different than what I have seen on this topic on this forum. I dealt with Zac Waterman and he was honest, forthright and kept me informed on the progress on the issue throughout the process, completely professional in my case.
I’m sorry most of you didn’t have the experience I did, but I believe Nosler is a quality company and they showed me that they stand behind their products.
Hopefully I can get outside in the next few days and actually see how the gun shoots.
Mike

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
I got my M21 6.5 PRC back from Nosler today, everything is working properly. When I sent it in for the feeding issues in early March they told me they were still developing a fix for the issue and they were working with Kevin Wyatt on it. A couple weeks later they told me they were waiting for parts for a retrofit. Another week later they informed me that the parts were in and my gun would be repaired and in the mail in 3-4 days.
They installed a different magazine box and a much weaker follower spring.
I cycled the ammo 10 times this evening with no issues.
I must say that my experience with Nosler was much different than what I have seen on this topic on this forum. I dealt with Zac Waterman and he was honest, forthright and kept me informed on the progress on the issue throughout the process, completely professional in my case.
I’m sorry most of you didn’t have the experience I did, but I believe Nosler is a quality company and they showed me that they stand behind their products.
Hopefully I can get outside in the next few days and actually see how the gun shoots.
Mike
Good to hear, and good luck with the rifle!!