Nosler Model 21

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
They are absolute tack drivers!!! I have two and my favorite is an approach in 28 nosler. I have an order for a Canyon in 300 PRC already :)

If my gun comes back and it's not fixed perfectly, I'll be trading to a 280 Ackley Improved on the 21.
Sounds like this is the man you need to talk to @Oakleys. I’m interested too.

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
I am blow away by the incompetence Nosler shows. All that are sticking with them, mark my words… this ain’t over. It is evident they have not fully proofed out their design, there managed response, lack of desire to rectify their poor management, their poor communication, their poor product, show the level of customer service commitment. It is effectively zero.

Good luck and God speed. I’ll post up Fieldcrafts pictures shortly. They work, and Barrett will stand behind their product.

Attachments

• DF6097A8-235F-45C7-9275-39F729AE9B6E.jpeg
    DF6097A8-235F-45C7-9275-39F729AE9B6E.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 198521D1-831D-4DBC-93BC-4BECA634DAC7.jpeg
    198521D1-831D-4DBC-93BC-4BECA634DAC7.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 62
  • C10C23B7-4913-4CA5-B26A-D53798C2C425.jpeg
    C10C23B7-4913-4CA5-B26A-D53798C2C425.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 55CFF55E-F606-47F2-92B0-85C86362B8C8.jpeg
    55CFF55E-F606-47F2-92B0-85C86362B8C8.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

gbflyer

WKR
I am blow away by the incompetence Nosler shows. All that are sticking with them, mark my words… this ain’t over. It is evident they have not fully proofed out their design, there managed response, lack of desire to rectify their poor management, their poor communication, their poor product, show the level of customer service commitment. It is effectively zero.

Good luck and good speed. I’ll post up Fieldcrafts pictures shortly. They work, and Barrett will stand behind their product.

And if Barrett still built the Fieldcraft, most likely many of these folks wouldn’t be having Nosler problems.

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
You can damn near get a NULA for what they are going for…10x the rifle compared to field craft, 30% more money. Not a bad deal

Last edited:
I myself, am washing my hands of the situation. Talked to Zach this AM via email. With the doubt that Jefferson's issue put into my mind, i don't want to even think about getting the rifle back, and then having to send back yet again. In addition to that, the new issue popping up with the bolt/scope clearance also makes me a bit nervous. I asked for a refund, and Zach promptly said he can issue a check request instead of sending my rifle back to me. I still am waiting anxiously for confirmation on that. I am of the superstitious type, next thing i know, I would come up to the deer of a lifetime in Oct with this rifle and something crazy would happen...just would never have the good "feeling" with that particular rifle again.

Still love the overall rifle, just not for my PRC. And getting a 6.5PRC is my number one priority with the upcoming hunting seasons in Alaska and Idaho.
Have you heard anything as to a confirmation of a refund check?

OXN939

WKR
They lied to you and all of us! They aren’t doing that! Ask for your money back or a different caliber if they will let you!

Lolol this thread is giving me PTSD from an AR upper experience I had once... chamber cut incorrectly so it would pull bullets from factory ammo, BCG staked improperly, etc... and they wouldn't even refund all my money because of a "mandatory $125 restocking fee." I remember being pissed to the point where it became my entire goal to ruin their reputation (Alexander Arms in Roanoake, VA- avoid at all costs).

Fingers crossing you guys get your situations squared away, I had looked hard at some Nosler rifles previously but at this point the only way I'd ever consider one is if someone from HQ hopped on here and took Doc Holliday's suggestion to pay him a consulting fee and follow that COA.

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
I asked Zach for confirmation that my check had been cut and when they mailed it. I have not heard from him since last week, and there is no check yet.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
I asked Zach for confirmation that my check had been cut and when they mailed it. I have not heard from him since last week, and there is no check yet.
Don’t let up until you have your check. With the number of checks that they are having to write I can imagine that it stings. Don’t be the guy that waits until next month because of “accounting procedures”.

Last week when I sent him tracking for my gun being sent back he told me he would “submit the check request” today my gun was delivered so I emailed him to see about the check. If I don’t hear back today via email I will resume my smear campaign and telephone calling until I get my money back. I’m sick of hearing it blamed on covid and lack of workers. They have had plenty of time to come out with a new suppressors and to do all the trade shows

Zach just emailed me back and said the Check would be sent out today. So I should have it by the 22nd or 23rd

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Zach just emailed me back and said the Check would be sent out today. So I should have it by the 22nd or 23rd
My refund was reportedly issued via check on 2/17. I will post once I receive it.

I am amazed that this is the route they elected to go. Nosler has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. The wild part is they are knowingly ignoring the issue publicly. Zero public ownership.

My refund was reportedly issued via check on 2/17. I will post once I receive it.

I am amazed that this is the route they elected to go. Nosler has the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. The wild part is they are knowingly ignoring the issue publicly. Zero public ownership.
Yeah it’s amazing to get lied to, hardly any communication, no apology or explanation of what happened, and no additional compensation from them. Nosler customer service is terrible and it seems to be a symptom of a larger problem within the company. We are not the first to have this problem with them. I have found other similar issues going back several years ago. I wouldn’t buy anything from them. You can’t trust it was made right and you definitely can’t trust they will fix it or stand behind it. In short Nosler will make you feel like they don’t care about you even after you give them $2 grand.

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah it’s amazing to get lied to, hardly any communication, no apology or explanation of what happened, and no additional compensation from them. Nosler customer service is terrible and it seems to be a symptom of a larger problem within the company. We are not the first to have this problem with them. I have found other similar issues going back several years ago. I wouldn’t buy anything from them. You can’t trust it was made right and you definitely can’t trust they will fix it or stand behind it. In short Nosler will make you feel like they don’t care about you even after you give them $2 grand.
It is the lack of ownership that kills me. I don’t need free stuff, I just need the product I paid for to work as designed. When it doesn’t the company goes above and beyond to rectify the issue. There was zero done to even talk about it.

I also will never buy another Nosler product, I will also be very transparent with any other person that is considering a Nosler. Bottom line they aren’t building anything. They are glorified assemblers, who cannot due their job.

To all the bragging David did when this issue first came up about all the industry folks that defected to them from other high level companies, it sure doesn’t seem like it. I bet it pisses those off that are tied to this that know better.

What’s also amazing is the total lack of other user reviews. I will tell you the one issue that screws the pooch is the fact that the scope based are required to prevent bolt handle interference. Nearly every user is gonna look and think to themselves they couldn't figure that out? 2,000+ dollar rifles cannot be close enough.