Nosler Model 21

Now I’m even more pissed lol. I asked up front over a month ago if I could switch calibers. I asked several times in different emails and never got an answer. I could have saved time and money for both of us and still been a customer. What a dumb company. If there ass was on fire they wouldn’t know it.
I'm sorry, but Zach said he definitely could facilitate the swap. Hoping i do not have to go that route, but I will if need be. I do truly love the gun and it's features and I told Zach.. they need to do better on communication!

what scope and rings or bases?
Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 and talley modern sporting rings (low) on the Mac Brothers Picatinny bases. I thought I had a picture of it, but doesn't look like I do. When I get the gun back, I'll put the scope on and take some decent pictures. It worked just fine for me, I was thinking of going with the lightweight talleys, but before I do I'm going to look at my bolt clearance for sure.

Oakleys

FNG
With my cheek bone resting on the top of the stock, I see pretty much in line with the tops of the factory bases. If low talleys could be used. I could probably get comfortable with it. Maybe even with the stock pack. But that bolt handle design is terrible. And I shouldn’t have to spend another $100+ to get a different one machined on. I was told it would get brought up to higher management so we will see if there is an option.

Oakleys

FNG
Spoke with Zach today and will be contacting him again, he had no issues with me choosing a different cartridge. And was interested in the bolt handle problem and said they will see what they can do maybe get a different bolt and or handle. Has anyone else heard anything?

I have attached the latest email from zach the head of PR. Gun is going back today and they will issue me a refund check. I was told yesterday by him that they scalloped out the bottom metal to make more room and they changed the follower spring. If that’s all they did then why did it take so long 😂? I will say that the first round feeds easier than it did before but still not easy. The second and third round do not feed at all unless you stick your finger in and move the round forward some and then sometimes it still doesn’t feed. About every third time if I loaded the rounds forward just a hair I could get all 3 to feed. But it has to be in the exact perfect spot. There is no margin for error. Also even when they do feed they still scratch the brass! Where do you think that brass will end up? In the barrel! So you guys that have these guns and say they feed, better check your brass. The action is simply not big enough. There is not enough length and width inside the receiver for it it work. They will have to re mill the receiver to make it work right which is what I said form the beginning! Even if you tweak the spring it will still be tight and scratch brass. I even tried just loading two rounds and it was not any better. They either don’t have any decent gun smiths or they simply don’t take pride in there work
Spoke with Zach today and will be contacting him again, he had no issues with me choosing a different cartridge. And was interested in the bolt handle problem and said they will see what they can do maybe get a different bolt and or handle. Has anyone else heard anything?
I recommend the 280ai. I mounted Talley medium today and the scope clears the bolt handle Leupold vx3i 4.5-14x40 Boone and crocket eyepiece spec of 1.6 inch. Doing the math a 1.4 inch eyepiece should clear with low Talley mounts but other than the low powered compacts I doubt anything else would fit with low. I can live with the clearance on the scope to barrel with the mediums but it still doesn’t give a perfect check weld with the stock with mediums. You still have to hold in unnatural position. The rifle does shoot .370 with factory ammo so I’m going to live with it. Hopefully Nosler will redesign the bolt handle and I’ll put lows back on.

Attachments

• 92097971-BE0D-4737-9842-F2E352F5C2FF.jpeg
    92097971-BE0D-4737-9842-F2E352F5C2FF.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 777F0787-747E-47A3-B80C-3DEE8512150B.jpeg
    777F0787-747E-47A3-B80C-3DEE8512150B.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 38
By the math it looks like a 1 inch 50mm Leupold will fit in medium Talley with 1mm to spare on barrel contact

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
I myself, am washing my hands of the situation. Talked to Zach this AM via email. With the doubt that Jefferson's issue put into my mind, i don't want to even think about getting the rifle back, and then having to send back yet again. In addition to that, the new issue popping up with the bolt/scope clearance also makes me a bit nervous. I asked for a refund, and Zach promptly said he can issue a check request instead of sending my rifle back to me. I still am waiting anxiously for confirmation on that. I am of the superstitious type, next thing i know, I would come up to the deer of a lifetime in Oct with this rifle and something crazy would happen...just would never have the good "feeling" with that particular rifle again.

Still love the overall rifle, just not for my PRC. And getting a 6.5PRC is my number one priority with the upcoming hunting seasons in Alaska and Idaho.

I don’t own a seekins but I would probably go that route instead of the 21 if I were doing it over again or maybe even adding 500 for a cooper.

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
I myself, am washing my hands of the situation. Talked to Zach this AM via email. With the doubt that Jefferson's issue put into my mind, i don't want to even think about getting the rifle back, and then having to send back yet again. In addition to that, the new issue popping up with the bolt/scope clearance also makes me a bit nervous. I asked for a refund, and Zach promptly said he can issue a check request instead of sending my rifle back to me. I still am waiting anxiously for confirmation on that. I am of the superstitious type, next thing i know, I would come up to the deer of a lifetime in Oct with this rifle and something crazy would happen...just would never have the good "feeling" with that particular rifle again.

Still love the overall rifle, just not for my PRC. And getting a 6.5PRC is my number one priority with the upcoming hunting seasons in Alaska and Idaho.

I absolutely love my Bergara Mountain 2.0. Even back to one of my posts in this thread, Bergara claims 2+1 capacity, but mine holds 3 in the mag and feeds them all just fine.

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
I absolutely love my Bergara Mountain 2.0. Even back to one of my posts in this thread, Bergara claims 2+1 capacity, but mine holds 3 in the mag and feeds them all just fine.
I’m chuckling at your comment because it was between the 21 and the Mountain 2.0 when i started this journey a few months ago. Both were hard to find info on at the time. I actually think I may circle all the way back here, and end up with either a Waypoint, or a Sako. I am in love with my Sako in 300. We will see, the fun of shopping and researching starts again! I saw a glimpse of another new bergara release too, but kind of shrugged it off because I filled that hole with the nos.

Oakleys

FNG
I just looked at the bergara canyon and I gotta say I wish I’d seen it sooner. That rifle checks a lot of boxes!

Oakleys

FNG
Great weight class if they are accurate with what they say. Don’t know anything about the action, I’m sure the barrel is great, trigger tech and thank goodness AICS!!

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
Oh wow, and that Bergara MG Lite just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
Great weight class if they are accurate with what they say. Don’t know anything about the action, I’m sure the barrel is great, trigger tech and thank goodness AICS!!
I’ve heard nothing but good things about the bergara premier action. Improved 700 for the most part. I haven’t shot one, but have fondled a bunch…smooth with a little bolt slop, but not Christensen slop.

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
How would you compare it to the Mack bro’s Evo?
I don’t know that I’ve cycled it enough to speak accurately, but from what I remember…maybe 85-90% as tight/smooth as the evo? Take that with a grain of salt though, it’s been a month or two since I’ve played with one, and when I was I wasn’t comparing it to anything necessarily. It was good enough at the time that I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Mt 2.0. The Waypoint is what I have heard CRAZY good things about…but I haven’t played with one yet. Like the bergara, it’s a 700 clone.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the bergara premier action. Improved 700 for the most part. I haven’t shot one, but have fondled a bunch…smooth with a little bolt slop, but not Christensen slop.
They are absolute tack drivers!!! I have two and my favorite is an approach in 28 nosler. I have an order for a Canyon in 300 PRC already :)

If my gun comes back and it's not fixed perfectly, I'll be trading to a 280 Ackley Improved on the 21.