Northern Nevada Chukar / Huns (Elkoish)

So I am headed to northern Nevada (in the round about areas of Elko) for my very first Chucker / Hun hunt. I’ll be solo with my GSP, dispersed camping so I won’t be tied down to any one area. I’am not looking for spots pins or coordinates of where to hunt, but I was curious about the terrain, habitat, vegetation, snakes, and elevation. I’ve read everything I could find online including the Nevada 24-25 Chukar forecast, even reaching out the the local biologist up there with no success (multiple phone calls and voicemail) Never been to the area and was looking for pointers on what to look for and what to look out for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don’t necessarily need to shoot a limit. I’m more just looking to get my dog on some new birds with a change of scenery. Thank you in advance.

OP
S
I'm new to chukar, but have been scouting quite a bit the last month or two. Look for guzzlers and springs. I keep finding them fairly close to water, within half a mile or so.
Ok very cool! Thank you. Did you happen to notice any flora or geological features such as rocky ridges, canyons, or sage / cheat grass in combination with the water to produce more or less numbers in your experience? Thank you again.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I haven’t hunted chukar in a long time but I’d rather give up my best elk spot than a mediocre chukar spot. Talk about hard earned! Miles and miles and miles and miles of boot leather.

CorbLand

WKR
I went chukar hunting once. Chased those things from the bottom of the mountain all the way to the top, where they jumped up and flew to the bottom. Yep, went chukar hunting ONCE.