North Dakota or South Dakota Archery?

Hunting the rut has zero to do with it. They need to quit shooting does.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WCB
I don’t think years of drought have helped that area at all either. The deer are in a sad spot

Huge influx in people when the hashtag crew started making videos of hunts out there.

If people knew how it was years ago it would blow their mind. Hopefully it bounces back.

Reactions: WCB
We haven't had years of drought. Only one really dry year recently.

If there was a lot of moisture it was an abnormal year. This is an arid climate.

Wonder what the expansion of Elsworth is gonna do to all this.
I'd worry more about the Governor soliciting the rest of the country to move here. The Ellsworth population expansion isn't really that big. Especially when you consider a large portion of that population consists of spouses and children under hunting ages. Rifle tags are already capped, an even smaller percentage of people archery hunt (let alone archery hunt competently).

I'd worry more about the Governor soliciting the rest of the country to move here. The Ellsworth population expansion isn't really that big. Especially when you consider a large portion of that population consists of spouses and children under hunting ages. Rifle tags are already capped, an even smaller percentage of people archery hunt (let alone archery hunt competently).

I heard the other day it was 16,000 increase, but have no idea if that's accurate or what the breakdown is.

ETA: Articles online seem to say 4000 people total increase.

Last edited:
We have had 5 new familys move here in the last year. Longest made it 6 months. Winter is a great equalizer for keeping people out especially when the wind blows 30 mph a week straight in January

ETA: Articles online seem to say 4000 people total increase.
That's fairly accurate, but the 4,000 increase over the current population will not be reached until 2040. That number is also inflated for an over-estimate to account for family members.

Weather isn't near as bad out here in the Hills. We had a large influx from Ca during covid and all the ones I know are still here.

I can say last week in South Dakota public land I was blown away by amount whitetail we saw.

Back