Non Toxic reloading and lead poisoning

I will most likely have to don my Flame Suit...as this is gonna be pretty gay...but.

I am very enamored by the Upland game. And will be making some life changes very soon that will afford me much more time, and location, for real upland hunting. Think central Idaho chukar.

Been a LONG time Waterfowl fanatic. And would normally buy a case of steel every other year. Then I bought a case of Boss Bismuth and only dipped into them thinking they were a Game Changer.

In a recent thread I made a comment wanting to go 100% bismuth to be non tox legal in any scenario.

My question is biological or physiological. Having watched every Final Rise YT video over the last few weeks and watching Matt reload...I grew up with maybe 4 full time shotgun presses up and running in the basement. LOTS of lever pulling, hull sorting, etc. My Dad was a fanatic. I may consider a 20 gauge. And if I do...I may start reloading my own ammo for it.

Question: I would guess a LOT of birds are wearing some amount of shot inside them. I've blown off lots of feathers in my career only to watch birds continue on and out of sight. OR...have issues with not being able to locate and recover birds.

Any critter that eats downed birds...hawks, eagles, coyotes, foxes, etc ingest lead pellets ultimately get lead poisoning?

I am asking if copper or nickel plated lead would do anything to keep the lead transmission down and the animal would just pass the shot through it's digestion in 6-15 hours or whatever time frame?

Doing research I can see Bismuth shot is still STUPID expensive even in bulk to roll your own. $22per pound. Copper coated lead is $3.79 Nickel plated lead is $5.49 And steel seems super cheap at $2.49 per lb.

I do fully realize that any coated lead does not qualify as Non Toxic. But...is it more safe for animal consumption and decrease biomagnification?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
It makes sense that it would be. However, led toxicity is more of an issue in birds than in coyotes and such. I imagine the gizard would do a number on the coating. Buy some chickens, mix lead shot in with the feed of 2-3, mix copper coated in for another 2-3, and nickel coated for another batch. See how many die.

CorbLand

WKR
We have chickens.....my wife is way more Granola than I am. No way I am feeding her chickens lead. Be divorced by sundown.
If she is like my wife and her cats...being divorced would be the best case scenario for me. I would probably end up in a shallow grave somewhere.