Non resident OTC archery elk is over in Colorado

sndmn11

WKR
No Subaru is complete without the stick family in the back window

Perfect! I have been shopping for accessories:
1) Subaru ownership badges
2) Family stickers
3) Matte black tree sticker mural decal (cause matte is tactical)

Probably add a full time cargo box on top for all my gear, and a full time bike rack on the back for when we drive over to the lake down the street so the kid can ride.

#native

Poser

WKR
Trying to decide which is more offensive to the sensibilities: Tricked out Subaru as described above or a Jeep complete with "badges", toy dinosaurs on the dashboard, rooftop tent and ever-present Yeti cooler on the hitch hauler. Bonus points for Texas plates and branding for a Overland youtube channel.

sndmn11

WKR
Trying to decide which is more offensive to the sensibilities: Tricked out Subaru as described above or a Jeep complete with "badges", toy dinosaurs on the dashboard, rooftop tent and ever-present Yeti cooler on the hitch hauler. Bonus points for Texas plates and branding for a Overland youtube channel.
The Tacoma
Screenshot_20240805-080658.png

I'm voting tricked out Jeeps are most offensive because I think a small percentage get used. Then the Tacomas. BiasedME would like to believe a tricked out Subaru gets used as the trucks are intended.

I went to Whole Foods last night to get some pickles. It was exhilarating counting wilderness edition Subarus and needing a second hand.

Weldor

WKR
I see more new JL Rubicons with some Blue hair driving it to the supermaket every day, those will never leave the road or car wash. Been headed that way for years. Subaru's are about the same.

Phaseolus

WKR
I know this thread is getting a tad old but I just came back from a family vacay in Colorado. Wife and kid had never been so we spent a week hiking and seeing Rocky Mountain national park, generally just being tourists. But I’ll say if Colorado is concerned about budget shortfalls then they need to figure out a way to make all those people from Denver driving Subarus pay their fair share.

Every single trailhead we went to was packed with day hikers. It was like a zoo. These yuppie hikers are clearly using the land in a much more intensive way than the OTC bow hunters are and are contributing nothing back to it. Kind of sickening to be honest.
CPW is not funded by the general public, it does not receive any tax money. Quite honestly I do not want to the Front Range citizens to have any part of funding CPW because then they would feel the need to manage the wildlife side of CPW. That would be a very bad thing.

RMM

WKR
CPW is not funded by the general public, it does not receive any tax money. Quite honestly I do not want to the Front Range citizens to have any part of funding CPW because then they would feel the need to manage the wildlife side of CPW. That would be a very bad thing.
They already get to manage wildlife with their votes...

wapitibob

WKR

CPW gets 2% of their total revenue from the general fund. That 2% equates to 4% of the Parks revenue, but none of it goes to the Wildlife side.