Non-insulated waterproof boots for wide feet... Any recommendations?

Moserkr

WKR
@Wags Yea my rand is separating from the sole and leather on my meindls but ive had em for years. My crispi summits did that as well but lasted forever and were resoled.

I agree with the break in period on some crispi boots. The summits broke in day 1. The briksdals took a few trips to stretch and feel right. Also second that they absolutely need a new insole on day 1. Dont even bother with crispis insoles, they are horrible.

OP
A

AZ_Five56

FNG
I loved my Meindls but I had an issue with the soles crumbling apart after a few years. I loved the cork footbed and fit but they did not last.
That's not great to hear, but I haven't heard that from many people. Hopefully, I'm not in for the same experience. Which model did you get, and how long ago was that?

OP
A

AZ_Five56

FNG
To follow up...
I struck out at Sportsman's Warehouse. I was able to get my hands on the Crispi Nevada, which seemed like an excellent boot, but they didn't stock wide sizes. I spend a bunch of time at REI the other day trying on boots, and it was a very similar experience. They sell a variety of boots in wide, but they don't stock many in store. Of the wides available, they tended to be in what I would consider narrower brands, and none of them would cut it for me. I tried the Lowa Camino GTX... Very high quality boot, but it was a little to narrow even in wide. They offered Keen boots, but only standard width in store. The standard width Keen is as wide as most of the wides in other brands, so I'm confident that a wide Keen would do the trick, except that they don't offer anything like I was looking for in a boot.

I received some recommendations for Meindl, including here, but I couldn't find anywhere around me that stocked them. I figured out what size I would need in Mendl, and I lucked out that someone was selling a pair of ultralight hunters just down the road from me. They were insulated, which is not what I was looking for, but they fit great and they were only $60. Buying them seemed like a no brainer at that price. Especially since they were only worn once. I wore these 400g insulated boots around Phoenix with doubled up wool socks to get a feel for them before ordering a pair of uninsulated boots. Besides my feet being extremely hot, I have to say that these are some of the finest boots I have ever owned.

People say the Meindl run large, and their own website says to buy a full size down from what you typically would wear. I measure 11E, but I normally buy an 11.5 so I have a little space for my toes to not jam into the front of the boot as they say to do. With the doubled up socks (heavy wool w/ liners) a half size down worked well for me at size 11 wide in the Meindl boot. For the uninsulated pairs that I'm going to order, I'll be wearing a thinner sock, and I'm planning to order a 10.5 wide. I hope that size reference helps someone out.

Thank you to everyone for the recommendations!
To further follow up...
I just got my 10.5 Wide Meindl Comfort Fit Light Hikers. This is as good a fit as I have ever had in any shoe. They need just a bit of break-in, but they aren't bad at all to start. I just hope I don't have durability issues as a couple of people have posted about.

Lowg08

WKR
I only wear meindl or crispi. I wear 13 wide. I really like my crispi summit gtx. I have had Salomon and scarpa and lowa. Still have a pair of scarpa and lowa but don’t wear them anymore.

Wags

WKR
That's not great to hear, but I haven't heard that from many people. Hopefully, I'm not in for the same experience. Which model did you get, and how long ago was that?

This was probably 2006 ish... they only made 2 seasons before that happened. It could have been a bad batch or maybe I stepped in something that degraded the rubber, IDK. I will say with that aside they were extremely comfortable and had it not been for that I would have stuck with them. I may give them another shot when the need arises.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm looking for some new boots, but I've been having trouble finding what I'm after. The vast majority of waterproof boots on the market seem to be insulated, and I'm hoping to find non-insulated ones. On top of that, I have wide feet. The combination of wide, non-insulated, and waterproof seems to be hard to find. Does anyone have any good recommendations of makes or models that might be good to look into? I'd rather not spend over $250 or so, but I will if I have to.

Most of our boots come in wide(EE) and uninsulated. Check them out. We also have a rokslide exclusive promo code..