Non coffee drinkers

Mosby

WKR
I drink Body Armor when I am at altitude. I buy it by the case but you can get it at Walmart too. Provides electrolytes that regular water doesn't provide and some vitamins. I drink one every morning on my way to the trail head. I always feel a little queazy the first few days at altitude and getting electrolytes into my system seems to help.

Zip Fizz. It has 100mg of caffeine and....

Zipfizz contains 24 nutritional ingredients:
9 VITAMINS: vitamins C, E, Bs, and folate
8 MINERALS: potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, manganese, chromium, sodium
ELECTROLYTES: magnesium, potassium
AMINO ACIDS: taurine
ANTIOXIDANTS: green tea extract, vitamins C and E
100 mg of naturally derived caffeine from green tea & guarana
THE 2 G’S: Grape seed extract, and Green tea

I love my coffee but sometimes it jumpstarts my gut too and I don't need that on a hunt. I have never had it warm/hot but don't see why it couldn't be served that way. Zip Fizz gives me a boost without being jittery, like 5 Hour Energy does; I can't handle that stuff.

Vandy321

WKR
2nd for Zipp Fizz. I pack 2 per day. Nice natural energy. Costco sells them.

I am a coffee guy at home and a bang energy drink on the road, but don't like insta-coffee and cans of bang are too heavy and take up space for victory beers (rarely needed in my case)

Greg Beck

WKR
Mtn Ops Ignite. I do not do coffee either so a bottle of water with Ignite is my morning drink first thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Bigelow or Celestial Seasoning Teas....Raspberry is excellent, but they are all good.

The Emergen-C idea is a good thought too, when you need a boost or don't feel 100%.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Wilderness Athlete Energy and Focus. You can mix it any with anything you're drinking, in whatever amount you want. Doesn't give you the energy drink shakes, doesn't have that crash either. I usually mix it with their Hydrate and Recover to make a Superman. Breaks up the monotony of drinking plain water and gets me hydrated easier.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tp308

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Mtn Ops Ignite (trail packs/“Citrus Bliss”) pricey but a great product

Another for vitamin B12. Another thing you can do is a tablespoon of pure cocoa powder mixed into 8 oz of water and chugged first thing in the morning. Has a similar effect as coffee without the caffeine (cheaper version of Mud Water mentioned above).

lmeyer

WKR
My wife replaced all coffee intake with a product called mud water. It seems a little pricey but it seems to get her where she needs to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There several variations of this on the market- nude water seems to be on the premium end. Haven't had that brand but like that one but had others and I like it

def90

WKR
I’ve never drank coffee, I was always a Mtn Dew guy growing up, lol. That said, I quit caffeine and sugary drinks in general a few years ago and drink nothing but water and the occasional glass of wine or margarita with dinner. I sleep much better now. My new vice is my first thing in the morning chocolate Muscle Milk with zero sugar in it.

WCB

WKR
? you are hunting....who needs an extra push in the morning?

Wapiti1

WKR
A couple of headache pills (the kind with caffeine) and a glass of water. After a week, I want the pain relief too.

Jeremy

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Start drinking coffee and put some hair on your nether regions.

Ok, on a serious note. Like others have said, don't change it up in the field. The last thing you want is to be shaky or jumpy in the field and it sounds like you are pretty sensitive to caffeine.

Hot tea or hot chocolate are as extreme as I would recommend. You could get Skratch Labs chocolate protein powder, I mix it with my coffee in the morning, but it would be good as just hot chocolate. Adds 200 kcal to your breakfast and can be bought in individual packets.