Non coffee drinkers

Cellis

FNG
I’m heading out on my first elk hunt in a few weeks. I don’t drink coffee but looking for some recommendations on something to give me that little push each morning. Typically I only drink water all day and I’m good to go. But I know I’ll be more drained than normal. Also energy drinks give me the shakes so nothing too extreme.

My wife replaced all coffee intake with a product called mud water. It seems a little pricey but it seems to get her where she needs to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider

Staple in my pack. Jet boil and coffee in the morning is my go to for kick starting my brain and bowels. Those gels are a decent alternative in the am but I don’t like prairie dog surprises an hour into a hike.
Caffeine pills are a good alternative

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
My stomach can't handle coffee first thing in the morning so ive always been a tea drinker.
I find Rooibos (aka Red Bush) has a wonderful flavour, especially on a crisp morning outdoors

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Assam tea. Easy to make and light to pack. If you're at the vehicle you could add milk and honey for a full flavored drink.

bnsafe

WKR
dont change your routine unless you try it out at home first. thats a HUGE rule in triathlon that applies here. You dont want to go out there, do something new, and end up sick even if its for a short time.
I say just stick with your routine and go with it. you will be fine, dont over think this

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
dont change your routine unless you try it out at home first. thats a HUGE rule in triathlon that applies here. You dont want to go out there, do something new, and end up sick even if its for a short time.
I say just stick with your routine and go with it. you will be fine, dont over think this
+1 on not changing your routine. Anything that messes with your intestines doesn't sound fun to deal with out in the woods.

That being said, if you really are looking for something, The Nuun + Caffeine tablets are solid. If you're set on coffee, Walmart has something called "Keto Coffee" it's dehydrated mct oil and coffee. Very light on the coffee flavor, but has 100 calories of fat to get you moving if you need some extra calories.

Sapcut

WKR
Keep in mind....if you coming from low altitude and are not used to high altitude, your resting heartrate will automatically increase 10-15 bpm when you get to high elevation. I personally do not want my heart rate to be increased even more with caffeine.

Braaap

WKR
LMNT for hydration.

For something with caffeine try black tea, Yerba Mate, or neuro gum.

dtrkyman

WKR
I stay away from caffeine, I do like tea but drink caffeine free mostly.

Water is good, get your energy from food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk