Non-Chinese Blackstone alternatives?

Why the griddle trend? I know for some the "smash burger" approach is very popular. I vote "meh". I prefer the smoky juicy patty-ed burgers that I get from my Traeger.

I bought my dad a Blackstone for father's day a few years back and he likes cooking large breakfasts on it. Think 1 pound of bacon, 2 dozen scrambled eggs and/or a dozen pancakes at a time.
Only use I see for our two is the large breakfast on them in camp. Wife will whip up hash browns, chorizo, bacon, and eggs for about 10 people lickety split. Aside from that rare occasion I don't really have a use for them.

Only use I see for our two is the large breakfast on them in camp. Wife will whip up hash browns, chorizo, bacon, and eggs for about 10 people lickety split. Aside from that rare occasion I don't really have a use for them.
Same. I have a two burner griddle for our camp chef and love it for things like that. I’d have a hard time dropping the money on a black stone for what they are.

Same. I have a two burner griddle for our camp chef and love it for things like that. I’d have a hard time dropping the money on a black stone for what they are.
I will say with the Blackstone burner configuration the heat is very even and distributed well. Definitely an upgrade over a regular cast griddle over a burner, but we use these things maybe three trips per year so not worth the expense and storage IMO. I won't replace them when they're gone.

svivian

WKR
If you do large meal preps for the week the large griddles like a blackstone are nice. We are also the type to make 25 breakfast burritos at a time and freeze them for various hunting/camping/fishing trips. Cooking a steak on the smoker at 200 degrees till it hits an internal temp of 115 and the reverse sear on the blackstone is well worth having it alone.

Unfortunately the craze has gotten out of control... we bought our "premium" blackstone with all the bells and whistles for $450 in 2020. Now its over $1000 which is ridiculous.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Kids got me a larger 4 burner Blackstone for Father's Day a few years ago. We've done the big breakfast thing with everybody visiting, we have made a ton of smash burgers, a huge pile of jambalaya, steak and shrimp and several other things. It's fun and does a good job for meals like those mentioned, but it sits a lot of the time and takes up a lot of my garage space. I probably won't replace it when its worn out.

Why the griddle trend? I know for some the "smash burger" approach is very popular. I vote "meh". I prefer the smoky juicy patty-ed burgers that I get from my Traeger.

I bought my dad a Blackstone for father's day a few years back and he likes cooking large breakfasts on it. Think 1 pound of bacon, 2 dozen scrambled eggs and/or a dozen pancakes at a time.

If you do a smashburger right, you'll know why the popularity.

People really love cosplaying as line cooks!

bucksnbirds

Lil-Rokslider
You can make some dang good food on a flat top, but the cleanup and upkeep is a pain in the rear end. Once you buy one, chicken fried rice and smash burgers will be the stable of your diet.

But on another note, it makes breakfast a breeze. If you already have a smoker and charcoal, a flat top is worth adding.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Why the griddle trend?

This ^^^ is why. We have used flat tops for decades for camping. I remember as a kid back in the late 60's and 70's, my mom and dad making large breakfasts on the griddle every morning. From my perspective, that's just part of family camping. Pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns.......burgers, fajita's, grilled cheese, steaks.......whatever. Great for cooking for more than a couple people.

Loco cookers are supposedly made in Georgia. Pretty cool that the knobs have a digital screen showing the temp. I compete in competition bbq and a few of my friends are sponsored by them. IMG_8807.png
IMG_8806.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
Sams has a 36" griddle for $199, I think. My sister in law just bought one some months back, so no clue how it compares to the big names.

Brado16

WKR
I am in the process of getting my outdoor kitchen completed, two of my three “grills” are American Made. Flat top is a Le Griddle and my Pellet Smoker is a Yoder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
Besides French toast and pancakes, I haven't found a ton of use for mine. Grillgrates on a gas or charcoal Weber do 99% of what I want.

Rayylockk

FNG
I have an Omnivore Blackstone and i absolutely love it!!! I use mine at least twice a week.