Non-Chinese Blackstone alternatives?

SWOHTR

WKR
A cursory search didn’t show me this as already discussed.

Anyone know of a good outdoor griddle from a non-communist country? Blackstone is all the rage but of course made in the PRC.

Our present gas grill is on borrowed time.

MNGrouser

Lil-Rokslider
Am I wrong in thinking that Weber grills are made in the USA? I thought in the People's Republic of Illinois.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I used a SteelMade griddle on my smoker and propane grill (used inside on the stove top as well) for years and years before I got a blackstone for fathers day this year.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Looks like they make their own base now as well.

cmahoney

WKR
These are made in the other PRC (CA).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7mm-08

WKR
Recteq has a griddle, but you'll have to change your perspective on budget.

OP
SWOHTR

SWOHTR

WKR

Thanks. Not super concerned on cost. I bought the gas grill 5 years ago as a quick way to burn chicken breasts for the family, mainly during weeknight cooking.

Reason I'm asking about griddle is a) "they're all the rage right now" (why?), b) wife is interested, and c) it looks like it would complement our KJ and Yoder.

svivian

WKR

Love my Recteq but they are not USA made just USA based.

KurtR

WKR
Thanks. Not super concerned on cost. I bought the gas grill 5 years ago as a quick way to burn chicken breasts for the family, mainly during weeknight cooking.

Reason I'm asking about griddle is a) "they're all the rage right now" (why?), b) wife is interested, and c) it looks like it would complement our KJ and Yoder.
I have a black stone and the griddle thing is over rated.

MNGrouser

Lil-Rokslider
Why the griddle trend? I know for some the "smash burger" approach is very popular. I vote "meh". I prefer the smoky juicy patty-ed burgers that I get from my Traeger.

I bought my dad a Blackstone for father's day a few years back and he likes cooking large breakfasts on it. Think 1 pound of bacon, 2 dozen scrambled eggs and/or a dozen pancakes at a time.

Steaks cooked correctly on a griddle is my favorite way to have them.

Preheat griddle or cast iron to med-high heat
season steak with your choice. Smoked salt and pepper is a good choice
Add a high temp neutral oil to griddle
sear steak 5 min on each side. Goal is good caramelization.
continue to flip until reaching an internal temp 30 degrees less than target temp
rest for 7 minutes smothered with garlic butter
Once rested put back on griddle until desired temp is reached

I'm getting hungry just writing this...

I use the webber griddle insert on my propane Webber if I need a griddle...full disclosure I use the pizza stone more than the griddle...

Mcnasty

FNG
Neighbor has a black stone its nice, the clean up is super easy. For my money I am sticking with my cast iron skillets 2 will fit on the grill and one on the burner if I really need all that space. USA made cast iron is easy to find new and used

Why the griddle trend? I know for some the "smash burger" approach is very popular. I vote "meh". I prefer the smoky juicy patty-ed burgers that I get from my Traeger.

I bought my dad a Blackstone for father's day a few years back and he likes cooking large breakfasts on it. Think 1 pound of bacon, 2 dozen scrambled eggs and/or a dozen pancakes at a time.

I have thought about a Blackstone and unless your cooking a big meal I just dont see the need. You can do anything with a good pan that you can do on a Blackstone.