Non-big game bucket list hunts

WKR
Spearfishing. Maybe for lake trout in Yellowstone Lake, but anything anywhere would be good.

Hogs and helicopters have been mentioned. That sounds good but I wish I could experience pigsticking. I'm talking about horseback with a lance like British officers used to do in 19th Century India.

Northpark

WKR
I would really like a bobcat someday. Seen a few but never shot one. Also on my list would be a gator, a swan and a grey fox. Should be able to get a bobcat and grey fox here in AZ.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is a midwest duck hunt. I'm going to knock this off the list around New Year's with a trip to Kansas with my son and a couple of buddies.

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
Argentina Doves

A dedicated, successful Wolf hunt

Tarpon, Permit, and Bonefish, all in one trip

Kryos73

FNG
Not a big bird hunter outside of turkey. For me it would be TX hogs and a gator hunt in either LA or FL (both via bow). I believe I will be doing the gator in 2023 in FL. Just got to get it booked. Outside of those two, an Iguana hunt or python hunt in FL would be cool to do.

Kurto_15

FNG
A guy at my local gun club would go to Argentina every year with a couple of his friends and their wives. The guys would hunt doves in the morning and then relax at the resort they stayed at the rest of the day. Sounds pretty relaxing to me compared to some of the big game hunts I’ve gone on

glass eye

FNG
Need to finish my North American Waterfowl Slam all diy. I need the King and Common Eider, Black Duck, and Cackler/minima.

This September I plan on driving to the Arctic Coastal Plain. Taking my dog , wife, bow, rifle and shotgun. Hopefully come home with Caribou, Waterfowl, Ptarmigan, Grouse.

Spring of 2024 to finish my World Turkey Slam with an Eastern.

Want to return to Kona for more Upland birds.

Top 10 for me non-big game hunts
1. Capercaillie in Austria, Bulgaria or Slovenia. This is really a big game hunt, and you'll shoot one and pay $4000 for the experience. Maybe you can add a black grouse or hazel hen for another $1500-800. This is an ibex hunt for birds in the mountains in the spring.

2. Capercaillie in Sweden, this is a mixed bag hunt for capercaillie, black grouse and hazelhens in Sweden forest. 1 guy can do this for $2400, two guys can do this for $1500 a person or cheaper. It is a cross country ski hunt most years, generally hunting September to January.

3. Scottish red grouse (these are ptarmigan that don't turn white), walked up days are about $2000 per day. Driven days are about $6000 per day.

4. Fly out helicopter ptarmigan in Sweden, Norway or Lapland. Can do it with dogs and shotguns or on cross country skis later in the year as a rifle hunt.

5. Snowcock in Nevada. Snowcock are the largest partridge in the world. They are only huntable in Nevada.
6. Sage grouse in the Rocky Mountains. Largest grouse in North America.

7. There are also specialized hunts in the Rockies for Sharptail grouse, prairie chickens, chukars and hungarian partridge.

8. And mountain specialized grouse hunts in the Rockies for blue grouse, ruffed grouse, dusky grouse and other mountain birds.

9. Turkeys really call a lot of people, never done it. I have been building points in Arizona for Gould's turkey. Might as well start at the top.

10. I always apply for sandshill cranes. Never been drawn.

11. Swans, geese ducks, brant coots. I like hunting waterfowl, just never really set up to do it well.
Texas and Oklahoma you can hunt Sandhills otc.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
Bucket list small game hunts for me are to make it to the States one day to hunt the likes of calling in coyote, squirrels in big timber, grouse/Ptarmigan in Alaska and so on.
The regular small game hunting for you guys are exotic animals for me 😁

I have killed ducks and geese in several states in the northeast. I would like to hunt the flooded timber in the south a few times. I will likely do that when I retire.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Archery javelina and archery Osceola turkey are at the top. A bow Osceola would complete a slam, but I can't say I wouldn't go to the desert Southwest first, because I bin-dare-dun-dat in swamps ... LOL

Not really bucket list because I've done a fair amount, but I can't get enough of archery still-hunting hogs (creeping) and archery night-hunting hogs (spot-and-stalk or stand-hunting).

Though I am a horrible wingshot, I keep thinking I would like to find a hotspot for woodcock and then snipe. They are fascinating birds.