Non-big game bucket list hunts

FLATHEAD

WKR
*Wolverine, Badger, Fisher, Skunk, Mink and maybe an Ermine to go with my Otter and finish out my "Weasel collection". LOL
*Another good Bobcat.
*A big Iguana.
*A couple those big Hares and Jackrabbits out West.
*Ducks - been meaning to get after those but the Whitetail have been distracting.
* I want to send a Common and Purple Gallinule to the Taxidermist.

Last year while scouting for Teal I ran up on the biggest dead snapping turtle I've ever seen in my
life. Upside down on the bank. Head the size of a bowling ball. I regret not bringing that thing home
but he looked like he was about to explode at any second.
That shell would have looked amazing in the man cave.

Somedays and tomorrows are never promised. You should do it this year-heck maybe even go just for the birds. Driving can be tough but you can take sooo much more stuff and see so many different places on your time table.
Oh man, believe me at 66, I'm well aware of somedays and tomorrows.

The drive to Wyoming is 33 hrs each way. This year, I'm changing things up and hunting coastal Oregon, so there's no way I'm driving an additional 20 hrs each way. I like to hunt alone, therefore, I travel alone.

Mojave

WKR
Kangaroo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Culled hundreds of kangaroos, it isn't even a hunt. You drive around and shoot them in the head with a 6mm BR or 204 after someone else shines a spotlight in their eyes. Only legal way to hunt them in Australia. They can not be hunted as a game animal.

TSAMP

WKR
*Wolverine, Badger, Fisher, Skunk, Mink and maybe an Ermine to go with my Otter and finish out my "Weasel collection". LOL
*Another good Bobcat.
*A big Iguana.
*A couple those big Hares and Jackrabbits out West.
*Ducks - been meaning to get after those but the Whitetail have been distracting.
* I want to send a Common and Purple Gallinule to the Taxidermist.

Last year while scouting for Teal I ran up on the biggest dead snapping turtle I've ever seen in my
life. Upside down on the bank. Head the size of a bowling ball. I regret not bringing that thing home
but he looked like he was about to explode at any second.
That shell would have looked amazing in the man cave.
The logistics of that would of been tough. I just did a common snapper shell for my girlfriends son. Little do they know I was perfecting my skills for the day I cross paths with a giant.
It was more work than a whitetail skull. Perhaps it is due to me being a novice.

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
I have always wanted to go gator hunting.

I told my wife I want a full size gator mount with its mouth wide open. On Halloween I’d move it to the front door and put a bowl of candy in its mouth. I’d put a motion sensor in there that plays a growling noise so that when a kid bends over and reaches in to grab a piece of candy it would growl at them.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I have always wanted to go gator hunting.

I told my wife I want a full size gator mount with its mouth wide open. On Halloween I’d move it to the front door and put a bowl of candy in its mouth. I’d put a motion sensor in there that plays a growling noise so that when a kid bends over and reaches in to grab a piece of candy it would growl at them.

That is awesome. If I ever get one, I’m copying your idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
That is awesome. If I ever get one, I’m copying your idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The wife has found a few taxidermied gator heads she’s pointed out but I don’t think you get the same experience with a cutoff head as you would with a full body mount.

(I have probably spent more time thinking about this than is healthy…)

1. North American Waterfowl Slam

2. Royal turkey slam (all 6 wild turkey species)

3. North American Upland Slam

4. North American migratory bird slam (doves, rails, cocks, etc)

5. Catch a lynx, Wolverine, and beaver in my own trap line

WA209

FNG
This ones on the books for the fall… multi day backpack squirrel hunt and creek fishing trip in the western sierras, living on bushy tails and brook trout for a few days. Fires will be banned either gonna pack breading and oil or find some new recipes to cook them in pot.