No More Peak Meals For Me After This Order

one trip of peak refuel dinners was enough for me to dump all freeze dried meals as an option.

I’m sticking with home cooked dehydrated meals from now on.

I didn't like Heather’s Choice either, except for the packaroons. Not a fan of Peak at all. I might try Adventure Well meals. If the giant freeze dryers I used for taxidermy were still operational I would be pumping out my own freeze dried meals. For now, hunting from a truck camp I use pre cooked frozen meals in ziplock bags and just warm them up in boiling water. If backpacking I’ll just dehydrate my own.

Why do people hate Rinella?
I don't really keep up with him, but he seems about as cool as a paid to hunt millionaire can be I guess.
But I go no one to compare that to really.
Is it because he gets more people outside hunting? serious question

Why do people hate Rinella?
I don't really keep up with him, but he seems about as cool as a paid to hunt millionaire can be I guess.
But I go no one to compare that to really.
Is it because he gets more people outside hunting? serious question
I'm guessing because he started out as a "common guy" not openly sponsored (because he wasn't) and then with success came the sponsors. Then strategic camera/logo placement.... the flood of "everyone wants to hunt the west" (randy 'I don't make any money' newberg is also to blame)...the sell out to chernin group.

Basically folks figured out he became a wildlife Pimp like all the other TV hosts and felt betrayed.

I could be way off though.

I'm guessing because he started out as a "common guy" not openly sponsored (because he wasn't) and then with success came the sponsors. Then strategic camera/logo placement.... the flood of "everyone wants to hunt the west" (randy 'I don't make any money' newberg is also to blame)...the sell out to chernin group.

Basically folks figured out he became a wildlife Pimp like all the other TV hosts and felt betrayed.

I could be way off though.
I don't dislike him but I did really like him early on when he was "one of us" and then eventually like everyone he kinda cashed in and sold out. Can't blame the guy though but I haven't seen any of his new stuff. Also his related crew really blew up one of our hunting areas, people running around there like cockroaches scattered all over with decoy bags full of what I presume is camera equipment. Maybe they're drug mules.

I buy size #10 cans of dehydrated meals, ground burger, fruit, etc and package my own in mylar zip close bags.
Cost me about $2.00-2.50 a meal.

Imagine being angry at someone for making a good living doing what they love. I can’t think of anything more American than turning a passion into a successful business.

Back