‘No Excuses’ Bullet users - show some results

Extrapale

WKR
Oregon Pronghorn with the 420gr.
e5b5764602262aab877b4fd1a2f9c8cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

03mossy

WKR
.45 460 grain out of a Knight Mountaineer .45.

About 70 yards broadside and he ran about 50 yards strait away after the shot. Could see blood pouring out of both sides as he ran. Never seen anything quite like that.
20171104_084341.jpeg

muzz

FNG
I want to try these in my omega but worried they won’t shoot good. Had some years ago I tried in two different muzzleloaders and best groups were 4”

Wrench

WKR
How is the accuracy on these at ranges out to 200-250
I shot a 15" group at 500yds last week with a 420gr .503" in a 7mph breeze. The target was very hard to see as it was a 12" black circle and I was shooting irons.

Ive had 200yd groups that will make typical rifle guys jealous.

tracker12

WKR
I shot a 15" group at 500yds last week with a 420gr .503" in a 7mph breeze. The target was very hard to see as it was a 12" black circle and I was shooting irons.

Ive had 200yd groups that will make typical rifle guys jealous.
What is the gun and load data. I have a sample pack on the way for sizing purposes.

Wrench

WKR
That's a tc hawken 50cal and 80grs by weight of 3f swiss.

My knight shoots the same load nearly identical.

coacht84

FNG
420 grains, 100 yard high lung shot, down in 80 yards.

Accuracy is not great in my CVA Wolf TBH. It doesn't like heavy bullets, and I tried a lot of combinations and never got consistent groups. I was dumb to hunt with it anyway. Missed one bull, wounded another before I got this one down. I don't pretend to understand, but I am thinking the short barrel doesn't stabilize the heavy bullet very well at the powder charges needed to ensure even moderate muzzleloader shooting distances. When I backed the charge all the way down to about 55 grains (might have been less, I can't remember) my groups tightened up, but I was not comfortable with the limited range that gave me and had concerns about the terminal performance on elk at the slow speed. Again, I don't know enough about the ballistics and actual physics. Maybe it would be fine on elk. This was Idaho BTW and I struggled to find good info on Idaho legal muzzleloader data. Most or all advice I would find would clearly be unsupported opinion and/or different enough equipment or regulations that I couldn't compare to my situation.

If I could time travel, I would probably buy a different ML for that hunt and make sure I was confident in the groups before the season. Live and learn... literally! I made sure the bull I wounded was still alive before I continued hunting and shot my bull.

I would be in love with a 300 grain No Excuses for my Wolf. I love the short, lightweight ML for backpack hunting, carrying on dirt bikes, and brush busting. Luckily, Idaho updated regs to allow copper jacketed and ballistic tips. I'm shooting the Hornady Bore Driver ELD-X out of the Wolf now and it's very accurate.
1eb158f3b891c199d0ff654ffe6062ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk