NM Outfitter Review - Luna Canyon Outdoors

I have searched a few times and do not see anything on Luna Canyon Outdoors in Unit 46 NM for Elk. I am looking for anyone that has any experience with them. Feel free to comment or PM me on your experience.

I have been scouring over threads and forums looking for that right outfitter and still struggle to find what I am looking for. I have been looking for a hunt in NM, MT, or CO where I can finally break my streak of bad luck and wrap my tag around a decent branch antlered bull. I have elk hunted 6 or 7 years with my own tag in a few different units/states on DIY public land type hunts and while I have taken a few cows and a spike I am yet to wrap a tag on a true bull. I would consider myself a decent elk hunter and also a good bowhunter but also a man of opportunity who is not afraid to pick up a rifle, which is almost what I am leaning towards. I have never had a bull rifle elk tag but I have found myself on the elk mountain dozens of times saying if I had a rifle that bull would be dead on my archery hunts in ID and MT.

I am open to decent suggestions and I know it is still hunting but if I am going to front the $6-8k for a guided elk hunt I really hope I can end up somewhere that I have a good chance at bringing home a bull.

I am looking at 2025 or beyond as I hope to draw a rifle elk tag in CO this year which may finally land that first bull of mine.

A few pictures for attention

Attachments

• Caribou.jpg
    Caribou.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3389.PNG
    IMG_3389.PNG
    591.1 KB · Views: 40
OP
mikenelson9091
Who'd you get the caribou through and how much was the trip? Stud bull
I used Brooks Range Aviation as a transporter for a DIY hunt, I would say it was a 6-7K hunt by the time transport to and from the lower 48 was put in. Here is my full review

TexPop60

FNG
Just hunted with them this year. Lodging and food is good. Guides are great! Hard working and knowledgeable. James is the owner and has some great properties to hunt on. We had a full moon post rut so the hunting was tough but managed 3 bulls out of 6 hunters. Everyone in camp left satisfied with their operation. Altitude is 8200-10,000 ft so air is definitely thin up there.