NM draw results

KHNC

WKR
Second season archery 51 for me. First time in that unit. Congrats to all who were successful .

KINGSNAKE

WKR
We drew 52 second rifle. It was my third choice. I'm sure it's gonna be tough but I'm just happy to see New Mexico with a rifle in hand.

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats everyone that was fortunate to draw a tag! Seems like a lot of Roksliders drew 52 this year.

For those whom have hunted GMU 51 in the past, the maps I have put together appear to show a pretty extensive road/atv trail network throughout the unit. Has anyone run in to problems with other hunters/off-roaders ruining hunts?

gauge

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats everyone that was fortunate to draw a tag! Seems like a lot of Roksliders drew 52 this year.

For those whom have hunted GMU 51 in the past, the maps I have put together appear to show a pretty extensive road/atv trail network throughout the unit. Has anyone run in to problems with other hunters/off-roaders ruining hunts?

I know the Fish and Game were in 51 last year trying to slow the illegal atv use down. I wouldn't think it would ruin your hunt though. Just go where the atv's can't. If those guys are running the atv where they are not allowed, chances are they won't venture far from the bikes when they hunt. 52 also had some illegal atv traffic last year but we still were able to get into elk, even in the same areas.

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
It's dam pricey for you out of staters, I drew 16b again this year, I'm happy. An hour drive from my house to the edge of the wildernesses!!

I got 16B too. Haven't hunted there yet, pretty excited! Im over in 34

diesel7

Banned
I got 16B too. Haven't hunted there yet, pretty excited! Im over in 34

16b is good area, you'll like it, but you need to get some scout time in. Cloudcroft is beautiful country, love it up there. From your side you have several ways of coming in. I'm in silver, so it's not a far drive for me luckily.

JPD350

WKR
I went 1 out of eight on tags, I got a Southeastern archery deer tag which I am happy about but it is pretty easy to draw for residents, good thing I am going to Alaska for 3 weeks in Sept, that is the only thing keeping me sane!

Congrats to you lucky dogs, kill a big one and post some pics!

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
My wife drew October 15 unit 53 and son drew urraca in mid November. Thanks for the info offer and I'll share whatever I can as well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

LaGriz

WKR
Success!
Unit 51 Second Archery for my friend and I. September in the Carson Forest! Let the training begin!
Good health and good luck to all.

LaGriz

KHNC

WKR
LaGriz, I will be there with u as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
Success!
Unit 51 Second Archery for my friend and I. September in the Carson Forest! Let the training begin!
Good health and good luck to all.

LaGriz

LaGriz, I will be there with u as well!

I'll be there as well, just a couple weeks earlier for the first archery season. Do you guys plan on getting out for any scouting?

KHNC

WKR
Unfortunately I live in NC. No early scouting for me. Pouring over maps at the moment.

LaGriz

WKR
KHNC,
I will send you a PM in the next 2 weeks as the work load is tough right now. This is the 3rd time I have drawn this tag. The distance (1200+ miles) and my work load will not permit any scouting. I can offer some info to help you narrow things down a bit. Just remember..... I have not filled an archery elk tag here or anywhere else in six attempts! Could wall-paper a small room with un-filled tags. LOL! Congradulations on your tag!

LaGriz

KHNC

WKR
KHNC,
I will send you a PM in the next 2 weeks as the work load is tough right now. This is the 3rd time I have drawn this tag. The distance (1200+ miles) and my work load will not permit any scouting. I can offer some info to help you narrow things down a bit. Just remember..... I have not filled an archery elk tag here or anywhere else in six attempts! Could wall-paper a small room with un-filled tags. LOL! Congradulations on your tag!

LaGriz

LOL, thanks brother! I drew 16A last year and left a couple of arrows somewhere on the mountain. :) I hope I live to draw that tag again one day!! IT was amazing!