NM / AZ Native Land Elk Hunt

I have looked into White Mountain Apache Reservation but seems as if they have closed their waitlist and not accepting new hunters. Are there any comparable tribes with big elk? Willing to pay the full expected price and would like the chance at a big elk, but also want a legit hunt and not a breeder fenced in elk.

Brooks

WKR
Call the Mescalero Apache Hunt office in Mescalero, NM and talk to them. They did shut down their trophy bull hunts for a few years to get back to world class bulls. I’m not sure if they are hunting trophy bull this year or not but it’s worth a call. Hualapai Tribe in AZ offers trophy elk hunts also.

DBuck

Lil-Rokslider
San Carlos still has trophy hunts, not sure of availability or a waitlist. They also kill good bulls up on the navajo. Might be worth looking into.

OP
J
I'm going to keep after White Mountain. San Carlos has stopped trophy elk hunts for the time being. Going to look further into Mescalero.

Beendare

WKR
You have to realize that these hunts go to the high bidder.

If you roll into the White Mountain office with enough cash…the waitlist opens up.

I know of 3 separate examples of this on different indian reservations.

I’ve seen some big bulls come off the Navajo. Jicarilla has plenty of big bulls as well. I believe you have to draw those tags and can’t role in and purchase them like in the past.