Nissan Xterra

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Any idea about my hearing issues with my 2011 Xterra? It won’t defrost in the winter, only circulates warm air when it’s being driven. A few years ago it got so bad that when you were driving it, as soon as you took your foot off the gas cold air would start blowing in.

I replaced the thermostat, heater core, and water pump (and the radiator too after blowing it up from a crappy aftermarket thermostat). Now it works better but still won’t defrost on its own.
Let me check with some of my co-workers. Defrost blows air in the correct location of the vehicle, it's just not warm - is that correct?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Let me check with some of my co-workers. Defrost blows air in the correct location of the vehicle, it's just not warm - is that correct?
Yeah exactly. I can start the vehicle up and let it warm up for 30 minutes, engine up to temperature and everything but it won’t blow warm air at all.

Once it’s driving it will start blowing warm air. In other vehicles I’ve had, a water pump replacement solved the same issue but in this one, a new water pump didn’t fix it.

Torque

FNG
I have a 2013 4x4 I bought new. I have 270k miles on it. I have had to change the rear end at 250k and I just replaced the front bearings. That is all I've ever had to do. It has been 100% problem free. I've only ever used full synthetic oil and a can of Seafoam every 5k miles. It has been a great vehicle. It has been absolutely terrific off road.

Oldrifle

FNG
With 105k miles, my 2012 Xterra runs smoothly and never overheats. It is well-rigged. Huge capacity, elevated position, and strong power. Nissan also produces good cars.