Nikwax - My findings

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I recently purchased a bottle of the Nikwax leather conditioner/waterproofer and applied it to my Lowa Tibets. After applying it I didn't notice much of a difference in the look or the feel of the leather. I then ran it under the faucet and the water seemed to absorb into the leather just as much post treatment as it did before so I was not impressed.

I then decided to try the Nikwax waterproofing wax for leather. After applying this the leather turned a bit darker and had a much more supple feel to it. I then ran the boots under the faucet for 5 minutes and the water just kept beading up and running of like water off a duck's back.

I haven't hiked in the boots with either of the applications but in my opinion the wax is the superior waterproofing substance.

OP
I

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
It says on the bottle that is maintains support and breathability but I guess we'll find out for sure.

rfc86

FNG
I use the Nikwax waterproofing wax for leather on my Schnees and it works great. I was out yesterday scouting in 90 degree + weather an had no issues.