Nightforce Ultralite Ring to rail fit?

SDHNTR

WKR
Installing my first set of Ultralite rings. I noticed that the cross bar to the ring base clamping screw that fits into each slot in the rail has a good bit of front to back slop. That normal? There’s more than the usual CH of slop I’m used to with other rings. I just pushed both rings forward as much as possible and tightened to 68#, as directed, but it has left me wondering.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Yes that is relatively normal. The way you installed them is correct.
Form, installing a March scope in these NF UL rings. NF recommends a 25 in/lb max for their scopes. March recommends 18 for their scopes in their own rings. I don’t want to assume the tube wall thickness on this March is anywhere near a NF. Was considering going with 20 in/lb. Seem reasonable?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Form, installing a March scope in these NF UL rings. NF recommends a 25 in/lb max for their scopes. March recommends 18 for their scopes in their own rings. I don’t want to assume the tube wall thickness on this March is anywhere near a NF. Was considering going with 20 in/lb. Seem reasonable?

20 in-lbs will probably work. I would do 25 in-lbs but I’m like that.

Installing my first set of Ultralite rings. I noticed that the cross bar to the ring base clamping screw that fits into each slot in the rail has a good bit of front to back slop. That normal? There’s more than the usual CH of slop I’m used to with other rings. I just pushed both rings forward as much as possible and tightened to 68#, as directed, but it has left me wondering.
Totally normal and I have never had any problems.