Night movement

I'm seeing very little movement during day light. Maybe a few doe's here and there. No bucks.
Night time, my camera's are going crazy. Bucks chasing everywhere. Doe's running, and a lot !!

Can't wait until the phase of the moon changes.

Check moon position. I've had a lot of success hunting when the moon is overhead or under foot, regardless of the actual moon phase.

I've been using Adam Hays Red Moon Guide for a couple of years and it seems to be fairly accurate. I've definitely noticed better daylight movement on those days since using the app and scheduling hunting around it.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
I'm seeing very little movement during day light. Maybe a few doe's here and there. No bucks.
Night time, my camera's are going crazy. Bucks chasing everywhere. Doe's running, and a lot !!

Can't wait until the phase of the moon changes.

Check moon position. I've had a lot of success hunting when the moon is overhead or under foot, regardless of the actual moon phase.

I've been using Adam Hays Red Moon Guide for a couple of years and it seems to be fairly accurate. I've definitely noticed better daylight movement on those days since using the app and scheduling hunting around it.

I had considered journaling moon phase, moon positioning, and illumination this season to see if there was an actual impact. I decided having limited days to go hunt there is no reason to hurt my confidence if there is in fact a correlation, and some days are worse than others.

Anecdotally, when I’ve checked moon position/phase after an abnormally active hunt or even seeing multiple feeding deer during daylight outside of season, there seems to be no obvious pattern. Albeit this is not meticulous record keeping, just me googling phase and positioning after seeing a bunch of deer.

What I do feel impacts the deer is illumination. On mornings where the moon seems ridiculously bright walking in, I never see deer. If I hunt those afternoons however they tend to be pretty active. Again, I’m not journaling this, just what’s in my head. And I must not be fully convinced because I’ve never turned and went back to bed just because the moon was bright.