Nighforce eye relief on magnums

Rambo474

FNG
Hi all,
After a lot of research I’m about to pull the trigger on a Nightforce shv 4-14 x 50 f1, it’s to go on my tikka t3x lite 300wm, I am wanting something well built to do a lot of dialling with, it’s replacing my meopta optika 6, the only thing making me hesitant is the eye relief at 80mm the meopta has 100mm, has anyone got that nightforce shv and put it on high recoiling magnums? Any issues with eye reliefs? I’ve also looked up at their other models and some high end ones only have eye relief of 89 so not much different!

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have a break on the rifle? Most modern quality scopes have an average of 3-3.5 inches of eye relief. Although that specific shv has 2.8 on the low end if you have proper recoil management you should be fine. However I'd prefer more especially for a magnum lighter weight hunting rifle that you could possibly be in an awkward position when engaging game. If you can stretch your budget and possibly find used one I'd highly recommend the nxs 2.5-10x42 if that meets the needs and engagement range.

Kurts86

WKR
It’s certainly a consideration, I had that scope on a light, unbraked 7mm mag and I caught a bit of scope bite on occasion. Nightforce have shorter, tighter eye boxes than some scopes. It isn’t a deal breaker but it will require a good setup and good shooting form.