NEW Zeiss Conquest HDX Binocular Tested and Reviewed!

I was eagerly looking forward to this release and this review, but they sound kind of middling compared to the Mavens......

Kind of sounds like a nice update to the current HDs but nothing ground breaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of sounds like a nice update to the current HDs but nothing ground breaking

I've been DEEP DIVING shall we say on this segment of the market recently, and it looks like the Mavens or GPOs are still the ones to go for (and I'm leaning toward the Mavens due to the FOV and weight advantage).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-09 080343.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-09 080343.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 13
I've been DEEP DIVING shall we say on this segment of the market recently, and it looks like the Mavens or GPOs are still the ones to go for (and I'm leaning toward the Mavens due to the FOV and weight advantage).
If you are willing to spend a few hundred more, I would think Vortex UHD'S (used or refurbished) or used Swarovski SLC'S would surpass anything in this discussion. Unfortunately, the AK prisms make the UHD'S quite a bit larger.

Last edited:
Yeah, they're much heavier and longer than the other options. Given I want to take them on long, multi day hikes, the weight matters to me. Leaning towards either the B1.2 8x42 or the B6 10x50, depending on what magnification I settle on.

I’m in the market at that 1000 $ price point as well. Some good options out there. I’m still between the hdx and mavens and gpos

That's exactly where I was, but I've decided on the Mavens. Unless the reviewer here somehow got a bad copy, the central CA alone is enough to make me bin them as a choice. And we won't get more reviews/comparisons until they ship and people start getting them. Everything I have read on the GPOs has been stellar, but the weight and FOV are making me lean the other way.

Back