New Vortex Viper HD FFP

LRHFox

FNG
I like what I’m seeing from Vortex on the new Viper HD scopes.

However I feel like they missed on not making the 3x15x44 in a FFP.

Any rumblings on whether there is a plan for a FFP version in the reduced magnification?

Kurts86

WKR
It has always seemed to me that Vortex always raced UP in magnification and not down. My favorite vortex scope was the Razor LH 1.5-8x32 and they killed that off. It’s possible but I don’t seem them doing it.

OP
L

LRHFox

FNG
I like the premise of the new scopes. I just feel the 5-25 is a bit too big for most of my uses.

I’ve really gravitated to the 2-18 range.

Be it I’ve kinda told myself to buy FFP only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
I like what I’m seeing from Vortex on the new Viper HD scopes.

However I feel like they missed on not making the 3x15x44 in a FFP.

Any rumblings on whether there is a plan for a FFP version in the reduced magnification?
Doesn't sound like it, if they thought there was a market for it they would've done that model now.

People have been asking for an FFP 3-15 LHT ever since that was launched, but I'm guessing it's a very small number otherwise an FFP version of this 3-15 would've been a nice alternative.

OP
L

LRHFox

FNG
Doesn't sound like it, if they thought there was a market for it they would've done that model now.

People have been asking for an FFP 3-15 LHT ever since that was launched, but I'm guessing it's a very small number otherwise an FFP version of this 3-15 would've been a nice alternative.

Well I might just bite the bullet and go SFP.

The deal they are running right now on optics planet puts them right at $500. Which is pretty ridiculous.

Dualsight

FNG
Well I might just bite the bullet and go SFP.

The deal they are running right now on optics planet puts them right at $500. Which is pretty ridiculous.

At Optics Planet I see the $85 off for purchases over $550 through Memorial Day weekend, and the 10% off when subscribing to their email list. Is there something else that brings the total cost down to $500? The 3-15x44mm is listed at $699.99.

Cabela's has an online only 15% off going on right now and they are offering either the MOA or BDC reticle in the 3-15x44mm. Looks like Optics Planet only has the BDC reticle option for this scope.

I ended up going through Cabela's with the 15% off online purchase and shipping is free. They have a 60 day return policy, and there is a Cabela's store near me so it will save a return shipping cost if a return is in order.