New Toyota Hilux in San Diego!!!

blairvt

FNG
I had the Mitsubishi version in Iraq. Basic 4x4, roll up windows, AM/FM, but the AC worked and we beat the crap out of it.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
I believe you can get any part for it on partsouq , they ship Toyota parts from across the globe

LBJ "Chicken tax" 25 % tariff on imported light trucks

Sorry if I’m uninformed, but why can’t we get the hilux but we can get the other foreign light pickups? I know today that a lot of tacomas and frontiers are made in America, but once upon a time the Nissan hardbody’s, Datsun pickups and original Toyota pickups were built overseas. So why were they allowed to be imported?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if I’m uninformed, but why can’t we get the hilux but we can get the other foreign light pickups? I know today that a lot of tacomas and frontiers are made in America, but once upon a time the Nissan hardbody’s, Datsun pickups and original Toyota pickups were built overseas. So why were they allowed to be imported?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UAW- United Auto Workers union lobby . Canada and Mexico get preferential treatment through trade agreements. I believe its not they are not allowed to be imported its just the 25% tariff is cost prohibitive and not competitive .

Gutshotem

WKR
You can import your own after 20 years but it's a difficult process. There are some services available to help you with the process if you are so inclined.

Or you could hit the easy button and just buy one here:

I read a year or so ago that Toyota was going to be offering a 20k small truck to US customers, however I was at the dealership a week ago and the salesman didn’t know anything about it

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
When I was in Iceland I really wanted to buy this UNIMOG. But I researched it and importing it to the US wasn't the problem........the problem was the EPA and the fact that the vehicle wasn't classified as an American spec vehicle.....for emissions and safety etc. I didn't feel like taking a chance of buying it, shipping it back, and then find out that it was cost prohibitive or too much hassle to do. If I had had a very large ranch I could have brought it back and just never registered it, and used it only on the property. But this thing would of been cool.....especially for only $6k, and it ran great. Plenty of Hilux pickups over there too.
RIMG0011.JPG

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone on this forum can get a Hilux or 70 series land cruiser, only catch is it has to be 25 years or older to legally bring it in.

I've personally owned a 70 series dual cab Land Cruiser, legally titled in NC. You can find them on iH8Mud.com for sale or a couple of Facebook groups for Land Cruisers. This is one I sold a couple of years ago. Great truck, would go anywhere, I didn't drive it as much as I thought I would so ended up selling it for a profit. RHD isn't fun at drive throughs. I currently own 3 Land Cruisers and I've owned 6 in my life, great vehicles. I spent a lot of time in Hilux trucks as well when I lived in Argentina. A LHD Hilux or 70 series would be awesome ... Troopies are bad ass as well.

IMG_9851.jpeg

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I thought it was emissions standards, and safety devices.
Id gladly pay the tax but idk that they are licensable for street use.

The one I bought (and just posted) came from Oregon. There's a guy out there who's business is bringing in 70 series Land Cruisers. I bought mine from someone else in Oregon, but the person I bought mine from originally bought it from the person who imports them.

crrakcrrak

Lil-Rokslider
Looks really spacious, and i like how it stands. excellent hunting vehicle.

Anyone on this forum can get a Hilux or 70 series land cruiser, only catch is it has to be 25 years or older to legally bring it in.

I've personally owned a 70 series dual cab Land Cruiser, legally titled in NC. You can find them on iH8Mud.com for sale or a couple of Facebook groups for Land Cruisers. This is one I sold a couple of years ago. Great truck, would go anywhere, I didn't drive it as much as I thought I would so ended up selling it for a profit. RHD isn't fun at drive throughs. I currently own 3 Land Cruisers and I've owned 6 in my life, great vehicles. I spent a lot of time in Hilux trucks as well when I lived in Argentina. A LHD Hilux or 70 series would be awesome ... Troopies are bad ass as well.
Superb vehicle, mate!
Did it come like that from the factory or was it a troopy that got chopped? We've only had the dual cab landcruisers available here in Australia since about 2013 or so.
I might need to get a dual cab ute in the next couple of years and my current landcruiser is worth much more than I paid for it. It's for the 1HD-FTE engine. I was thinking of selling it for a big profit and buying a dual cab, but the price of them has gone through the roof as well. The landcruiser market in Australia is absolutely nuts at the moment. People are buying year old vehicles for more than brand new vehicles because waiting lists on brand new vehicles have pushed out to potentially a couple of years.
My vehicle has about 455,000km on it (about 280,000 miles?) and it's not even close to breaking down. I adore it. It's our firewood hauler and hunting vehicle.