New Tikka Owner. Advice on making it lighter.

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
The easiest way (and best value) to make/keep the gun light is to purchase a light scope, since you need one anyways. Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x 42mm at 23oz is probably the best mix of value, features, and durability.

I've recently shot a 20" unbraked Tikka 300 WM at 8lbs 6 oz dressed out and the recoil is quite stiff, enough so that I was tending towards flinching and sore shoulder after 4-5 shots. Adding a muzzle brake was essential for a comfortable range session with a light 300WM. I would not go below 8 1/4 lbs even with a brake and a Limbsaver pad is a worthwhile upgrade.

Another cheap way to drop weight is to cut the barrel down which works well if you plan to run a suppressor... which then adds weight :p

Here's a similar thread on the subject.

OP
Thebigbaby
The easiest way (and best value) to make/keep the gun light is to purchase a light scope, since you need one anyways. Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x 42mm at 23oz is probably the best mix of value, features, and durability.

I've recently shot a 20" unbraked Tikka 300 WM at 8lbs 6 oz dressed out and the recoil is quite stiff, enough so that I was tending towards flinching and sore shoulder after 4-5 shots. Adding a muzzle brake was essential for a comfortable range session with a light 300WM. I would not go below 8 1/4 lbs even with a brake and a Limbsaver pad is a worthwhile upgrade.

Another cheap way to drop weight is to cut the barrel down which works well if you plan to run a suppressor... which then adds weight :p

Here's a similar thread on the subject.
Good info, thank you.

z987k

WKR
Tikkas are nasty in heavy recoiling cartridges full stop
Making it lighter will make it worse
That's because they're sort of light to start with, but also the stock design which has been heavily hashed out here on RS.
A better stock and a suppressor tames them nicely.

Houseminer

Lil-Rokslider
I played around a bit with a buddy's T3x 300 WM suppressed with a TBAC7 last summer. I wouldn't want it any lighter. It shot great but it's not nearly as fun as a lighter recoiling rifle. Especially not lighter in the rear, unless you're going to chop that barrel about 6 inches!
How light can it get, the little weight add some rigidity advantage too