NEW TAG Bags

luke moffat

Super Moderator
The purpose of a game bag is so they BREATH....a silnylon bag does NOT breath. No need to seam seal these BOMB bags as they are not designed to be sealed, actually quite contrary to that in fact. As the more they bags breath the better they do at keeping the meat in good condition.

I got my bags in the mail the other day (paid for as I wasn't smart enough to suggest a name :( ) and they seem like they'll be perfect for my dall sheep and mountain goat hunts. The standard Tag Bags should work great for everything else.

parshal

WKR
also are they pack proof (i.e. do they leak) I assume they would leak because they are breathable, would they need to be paired with something else to put inside a pack?

I received mine a week or two ago. I've not used a bag like this so I also wonder if I'd need to put them inside something else when in a pack to prevent bleed-through.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I received mine a week or two ago. I've not used a bag like this so I also wonder if I'd need to put them inside something else when in a pack to prevent bleed-through.

I use 35 or 55 liter silnylon roll top dry bags from Outdoor Research when the meat is in my pack. Between $7-$10 for one and don't like a drop of blood. Have used contractor and trash compactor bags in the past and they'll leak over time. Once I get where I am going for the night on a pack out I'll be sure to pull the meat out of my pack and dry sacks and put them on rocks or brush in the tag bags to let the air circulate and cool the meat better during the night. Then in the morning pick up the bag o' meat and put it back in the dry sack and then back in my pack. Best way I've found to keep my pack clean thus far.

parshal

WKR
I've got two Kifaru meat bags. Maybe I'll just carry those and put these bags inside them when in my pack.

Thanks for the replies!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
If you played the name game. Send me your address [email protected] Don't forget your username. Don't bullshit me either. If you didn't play don't send me your address!

cmeier117

WKR
For anyone that has used these yet. AKA Aron how many pounds of meat are you thinking one of the 14x34 bags hold? I am guessing around 75lbs?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Let me try this again. I need your USERNAMES!:) It will make this a lot easier.

7mag.

WKR
Yes, thanks again Larry. Very generous. Thanks to Ryan too. All your hard work and time behind the scenes is appreciated.

OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Copy that fellas. My pleasure to help.

One note: The BOMB pack set is designed to care for Boned Out Meat. If you're a hunter who prefers to keep 'em on the leg bones like me, use the 24X44 set of five bags for elk or mule deer.

Have a great season!