New SWFA scope line?

I was told roughly a month ago that there is supposedly updated SWFA scopes in the near future. The gentleman I spoke with was nice but pretty vague on what that entailed and didn't seem to be filled in on the details of what was updated or when they would arrive.

Probably a shot in the dark but has anyone heard ANYTHING about this?
What was changed? When they'll be available?

I'm looking to add a couple scopes and though the current models are discounted I'd love to see what they might have changed. If it's Lower profile turrets with a zero stop and a capped windage I'll be ecstatic!

ZackP

WKR
I haven’t heard anything but internet hear say. I wouldn’t put too much thought into it.

OP
B
I haven’t heard anything but internet hear say. I wouldn’t put too much thought into it.
It'd make sense with them discounting the current price for so long. Possibly trying to sell out current production/stock

It'd make sense with them discounting the current price for so long. Possibly trying to sell out current production/stock
I’m pretty sure that’s not what they are doing 😂 considering how hard they are to get.

I think the biggest upgrade they could offer is increased production, that would be a big upgrade

A little cosmetic facelift would be cool too, but even as ugly as they are, they are still hard to get, so hopefully they stay ugly, I need a couple in the future

ZackP

WKR
I’m pretty sure that’s not what they are doing 😂 considering how hard they are to get.

I think the biggest upgrade they could offer is increased production, that would be a big upgrade

A little cosmetic facelift would be cool too, but even as ugly as they are, they are still hard to get, so hopefully they stay ugly, I need a couple in the future

Upgraded production would be ideal lol. Or a 6X HD!

As far as ugly, I think they’re pretty slick. But Glocks are hideous and I love them so maybe that’s why I like the look of these 😂

AH64guy

FNG
In ten years of watching and buying their scopes - they’ve never run a discount on the SS line for this long - ever.

So - I’m hoping it’s a new product line, and not a going out of business sale. The 3-9 has been back ordered for months, so will interested to see if the back orders are filled with old “black box” scopes, or a new line.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
In ten years of watching and buying their scopes - they’ve never run a discount on the SS line for this long - ever.

So - I’m hoping it’s a new product line, and not a going out of business sale. The 3-9 has been back ordered for months, so will interested to see if the back orders are filled with old “black box” scopes, or a new line.
They filled with the black box, they just went back on back order. Were is stock recently.

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
Or they are sourcing from another place to gain better availability.

Reactions: Che

JCMCUBIC

WKR
...Zero stop and capped windage is all I need...

That would be really nice functional change for us who often use them as hunting scopes...and likely an easy to implement change that wouldn't require to much reengineering of internal components.

I laugh at myself sometimes.... I complain about nitpicky things with the current version....but I use the heck out of them and the 3-9 and 6x have never let me down. Decent glass, a well designed FFP reticle for all around use, hold zero, and repeatable adjustments....basic things...so many scopes fail to put ALL of those together....and I still pic at the nits wanting an upgrade.

Axlrod

WKR

This is true, Was usually just black Friday. But it doesn't make sense to me, that they would discount something that is not in stock, but can be backordered. They could sell a lot at reg. price anyway.

t_carlson

WKR
This is true, Was usually just black Friday. But it doesn't make sense to me, that they would discount something that is not in stock, but can be backordered. They could sell a lot at reg. price anyway.

I have no idea what overseas production contracts look like, but it’s possible they have a whole pile of parts that have already been purchased and the “back order” is really just labor. Just a guess.

Clark33

WKR
I’ve been trying to get in contact with them, maybe one of you fellas will know. When you back order a scope do they charge you at time of order or when the time ships? I’d rather pay now and not have a charge hit x amount of days down the road.

slowelk

WKR
I’ve been trying to get in contact with them, maybe one of you fellas will know. When you back order a scope do they charge you at time of order or when the time ships? I’d rather pay now and not have a charge hit x amount of days down the road.

In my experience with a couple of backorders in early 2022 they hit your card, then it falls off. I cancelled those backorders before stock ever came available.